Boston trade scene

tradehunter
This topic is 2142 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There used to be hot cruising down in "the fens". You can google it for more info. Met more than a few married / blue collar / Southie types.

Whew nice that i can get some insight and not an attack from you MisterMike :). What are the fens? Fenway park. I am very familiar with southies. Heavy accent and love to bwox(box) they love their red sox and patriots(sometimes celtics). I find them even more intoxicating than ny and jersey guidos.

. What are the fens? Fenway park.

The Fens (or I think more properly the Back Bay Fens) is a park/victory garden in the district known as The Fenway, and yes, the ballpark is in the vicinity as well, though the ballpark has nothing to do with the cruising area lol. The Fenway city route also connects with the Riverway and Jamaicaway as part of what's referred to as the "Emerald Necklace."

When I was a callow college freshman in Boston, I decided to try the Fens once. I wound up getting mugged. Thank god that all that happened was losing the 20 bucks I had on me and getting a bloody nose. And I made it home in one piece. Shaken but not terribly hurt.

That was about 35 years ago. I've never gone back. I've passed by there many times on my way to other places, but I've never walked in.

I do assume it's still as cruisy as always.

http://bunewsservice.com/fenway-garden-society-seeks-solutions-to-security-issues/

(Police officer) Pagan identified the dense, 7 to 10-foot-tall reeds around the Muddy River, which borders the gardens for one-half mile between Agassiz Road and Boylston Street, as a hotbed for gay cruising. Gardeners have found soiled underwear and condoms abandoned by their plots.

“It’s like little mazes,” Pagan said. “People want to be hidden, and there are spots where you can go and hide.”

In other public parks around the city, crime rates are lower because the park layouts give police more visibility.

https://www.emeraldnecklace.org/park-overview/back-bay-fens/

Fenway-Kenmore_Map.jpg

http://loyaltytraveler.boardingarea.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Back-Bay-Fens.jpg

Edited by azdr0710

The Fens (or I think more properly the Back Bay Fens) is a park/victory garden in the district known as The Fenway, and yes, the ballpark is in the vicinity as well, though the ballpark has nothing to do with the cruising area lol. The Fenway city route also connects with the Riverway and Jamaicaway as part of what's referred to as the "Emerald Necklace."

When I was a callow college freshman in Boston, I decided to try the Fens once. I wound up getting mugged. Thank god that all that happened was losing the 20 bucks I had on me and getting a bloody nose. And I made it home in one piece. Shaken but not terribly hurt.

That was about 35 years ago. I've never gone back. I've passed by there many times on my way to other places, but I've never walked in.

I do assume it's still as cruisy as always.

Thanks for geography lesson. I always think of backbay as a young trendy district but i know boston only as a visitor. I hqve had success in more commercial areas with southies but they dissapear change numbers or have legal issues. Who would i find stalkin that district?

http://bunewsservice.com/fenway-garden-society-seeks-solutions-to-security-issues/

(Police officer) Pagan identified the dense, 7 to 10-foot-tall reeds around the Muddy River, which borders the gardens for one-half mile between Agassiz Road and Boylston Street, as a hotbed for gay cruising. Gardeners have found soiled underwear and condoms abandoned by their plots.

“It’s like little mazes,” Pagan said. “People want to be hidden, and there are spots where you can go and hide.”

In other public parks around the city, crime rates are lower because the park layouts give police more visibility.

https://www.emeraldnecklace.org/park-overview/back-bay-fens/

Fenway-Kenmore_Map.jpg

http://loyaltytraveler.boardingarea.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Back-Bay-Fens.jpg

I want to make a distinction between places gay men go to have sex in public n places to find alpha tradr. Alot of cruising spots are places gay men know to get laid but trade might not venture there. For me personally i tend to look around boxing gyms, bus depots,train stations,kennefy fried chicken(blacks n latino). Trade will only venture to gay areas known for generosity kinda like how predators will frequent locations where there are easy pickins.

Has anyone ever heard of what used to be called “”the Combat Zone”.

Yes. When I came to Boston for college in the early 80's, it was very much there. In my trips to Chinatown or the Opera House, it was unavoidable. And really seedy and not the least bit inviting. Now, it's gone. A very few (straight) strip clubs left, but I think that's basically it. And now I work there, in a new building steps away from the Opera House and the recently reconstructed Paramount Theatre.

Cool. So you're illiterate AND racist.

Oh darn MisterMike will you take a chill pill!!!!!!!! First I type on my phone and I type extremely fast. My eyes are sensitive to the bluelight from phone so I type blind for most part.

There is nothing racist about what I said NOTHING!!!!!! I find that non minority people who are always crying racism on behalf of minority populations many times are out of touch and laughably so!!! First things first Kennedy Fried Chicken is a popular chain in New Jersey and New York. I have never seen the franchise outside of urban neighborhoods and there must be a reason for that. You will not find white people venturing into neighborhoods where Kennedy Fried Chicken tends to be so by default you will only find black an latinos there. Fried Chicken is a staple in black southern cuisine that is a fact. Is Pizza and pasta racist to italians. Is Gyro racist to greeks? Are frankfurters racist to germans? Let me help you out. The caricature of black people by white americans back in the day were meant to demean them and often incorporated images of watermelon and chicken and thus those things naturally developed a negative connotation but there is nothing innately negative about a watermelon or fried chicken or appreciating aforementioned foods. MisterMike i appreciate you are a social justice warrior but please dont lecture me on racism. Many of my best childhood friends are african american. I have been to many black bbq's and never have I been to one where there wasn't fried chicken and watermelon(gasp) and guess what the lines for them were long. They loved it and I loved it. The funny thing is black people laugh at that joke amongst themselves because they know they love fried chicken and watermelon for the most part.

The danger are the ppl who worry about watermelon and fried chicken but dont worry about things that matter like gentrification and police brutality. I am an advocate for fair housing practices and criminal justice reform in my own community. Alot of ppl just talk to the talk to feel good about themselves. I walk the walk so I dont have to care about petty nonsense cuz I know my heart and the black and latino people in my life know it as well.

Also can we please stay on topic and not venture off into foreign territory!! Unless it is something enriching and insightful!!!

Oh darn MisterMike will you take a chill pill!!!!!!!! First I type on my phone and I type extremely fast. My eyes are sensitive to the bluelight from phone so I type blind for most part.

There is nothing racist about what I said NOTHING!!!!!! I find that non minority people who are always crying racism on behalf of minority populations many times are out of touch and laughably so!!! First things first Kennedy Fried Chicken is a popular chain in New Jersey and New York. I have never seen the franchise outside of urban neighborhoods and there must be a reason for that. You will not find white people venturing into neighborhoods where Kennedy Fried Chicken tends to be so by default you will only find black an latinos there. Fried Chicken is a staple in black southern cuisine that is a fact. Is Pizza and pasta racist to italians. Is Gyro racist to greeks? Are frankfurters racist to germans? Let me help you out. The caricature of black people by white americans back in the day were meant to demean them and often incorporated images of watermelon and chicken and thus those things naturally developed a negative connotation but there is nothing innately negative about a watermelon or fried chicken or appreciating aforementioned foods. MisterMike i appreciate you are a social justice warrior but please dont lecture me on racism. Many of my best childhood friends are african american. I have been to many black bbq's and never have I been to one where there wasn't fried chicken and watermelon(gasp) and guess what the lines for them were long. They loved it and I loved it. The funny thing is black people laugh at that joke amongst themselves because they know they love fried chicken and watermelon for the most part.

The danger are the ppl who worry about watermelon and fried chicken but dont worry about things that matter like gentrification and police brutality. I am an advocate for fair housing practices and criminal justice reform in my own community. Alot of ppl just talk to the talk to feel good about themselves. I walk the walk so I dont have to care about petty nonsense cuz I know my heart and the black and latino people in my life know it as well.

Also can we please stay on topic and not venture off into foreign territory!! Unless it is something enriching and insightful!!!

Actually black and Latino person found it racist too...

Actually black and Latino person found it racist too...

Uhmm Goosh what black and latino people find are the intentions of the person making the joke. Food cant be racist that is just ridiculous. Its like calling an asian a rice queen. Two asians might make that joke amongst themselves and laugh because they know how integral rice is to their culture but a white person who is known for saying" i dont care for asians and their features" and then goes around using the word rice queen will be held to a different scrutiny. I grew up on hip hop and love alot of elements of black and caribbean latino culture so I dont need to be timid like those self aware white people who have probably never been inside a black persons house or had a black person inside your house. I have been to black churches with my friends and their parents. I have been to black weddings. Im sorry im not about to be schooled by white people who watched one episode of black in america on cnn your gonna have to stay seated on this one. Kennedy fried chicken is damn good chicken and im going to stop n shop to get some watermelon.

Any social justice warrior in here care to go to kennedy fried chicken to take a pic of a random white person in there??? Come back when you find one. Heck try to google it i might accept that.

Uhmm Goosh what black and latino people find are the intentions of the person making the joke. Food cant be racist that is just ridiculous. Its like calling an asian a rice queen. Two asians might make that joke amongst themselves and laugh because they know how integral rice is to their culture but a white person who is known for saying" i dont care for asians and their features" and then goes around using the word rice queen will be held to a different scrutiny. I grew up on hip hop and love alot of elements of black and caribbean latino culture so I dont need to be timid like those self aware white people who have probably never been inside a black persons house or had a black person inside your house. I have been to black churches with my friends and their parents. I have been to black weddings. Im sorry im not about to be schooled by white people who watched one episode of black in america on cnn your gonna have to stay seated on this one. Kennedy fried chicken is damn good chicken and im going to stop n shop to get some watermelon.

Any social justice warrior in here care to go to kennedy fried chicken to take a pic of a random white person in there??? Come back when you find one. Heck try to google it i might accept that.

I’m black and Latino and it was racist period.

I’m black and Latino and it was racist period.

You are one black person. I just ran it by many of my friends and all i got were lols and smhs. Maybe because they knew who said it and the context. Im sorry you were offended but i cant take back what i said if its not racist. I said you can find black and latino trade outside kennedy fried chicken. You want me to apologize for that?? I wouldnt cuz there is nothing wrong or inaccurate about it. Black and Latino ppl will congregrate in places that are largely found in gasp black and latino neighborhoods. They tend to build kennedy fried chicken, check cashing, liquor stores, and bodegas almost exclusively in minority neighborhoods. There is nothing intrinsically bad about these places. Things are things we as people add the color, connotation, and commentary. Explain to me goosh how a chicken is racist but a cow isnt and how a watermelon is racist but a pumpkin isnt? I will create a new thread in politics section. Hopefully you and MrMike can give some heartfelt insightful contributions there.

You are one black person. I just ran it by many of my friends and all i got were lols and smhs. Maybe because they knew who said it and the context. Im sorry you were offended but i cant take back what i said if its not racist. I said you can find black and latino trade outside kennedy fried chicken. You want me to apologize for that?? I wouldnt cuz there is nothing wrong or inaccurate about it. Black and Latino ppl will congregrate in places that are largely found in gasp black and latino neighborhoods. They tend to build kennedy fried chicken, check cashing, liquor stores, and bodegas almost exclusively in minority neighborhoods. There is nothing intrinsically bad about these places. Things are things we as people add the color, connotation, and commentary. Explain to me goosh how a chicken is racist but a cow isnt and how a watermelon is racist but a pumpkin isnt? I will create a new thread in politics section. Hopefully you and MrMike can give some heartfelt insightful contributions there.

**sigh**

sometimes, we just need to pick our battles.

**sigh**

sometimes, we just need to pick our battles.

Nakedtop i hear what your saying but one of my pet peeves are people who go out looking to be offended or looking to be offended on behalf of others. For me the topic is personal but laughable simultaneously. I was called a racist over chicken for god sakes. A dead animal that is in the frozen section in every supermarket. Sometimes you have to strip it down to lowest common denominator. People have to learn to judge context and nuance and learn to make distinctions. Almost anything anyone says at anytime can be offensive if you want to be offended. The way i said what i said were void of any harmful connotations. If someone came to me and asked. How can i find working class str8 black men for trade? You think i am going to tell them Trump golf course? Sometimes you gotta just keep it real. I am not well adept at the fakery and i am not about to get good at it.

Really? Many of your black friends. Because that’s not what racist people ever say.

Having received some counsel I realize that some of these battles can never be one no matter how well you defend them. If there are any black or latino people reading this please know that my above statement was not meant to hurt or disparage. I was simply providing insight on places to find trade and wanted to make a distinction that you are unlikely to find white trade(which i assume many on here prefer exclusively) in a popular franchise located exclusively in inner city urban areas. Since my heart was pure and innocent when i typed it i didnt forsee that it could be tied to negative historical connotations. I am always open to honest discussions on race relations where we can learn from each other and move the needle forward. I hope this is a teaching moment for all.

Really? Many of your black friends. Because that’s not what racist people ever say.

Please see my post above. I was advised that if people dont know me personally I can come off looking bad in this scenario. So i wont push back too much. Anyone who knows me knows i never back down. It is only my respect for other peoples culture that allows me to humble myself and walk away from this. Yes I have black friends I have many and dont want misconceptions to cause me from making more.

Edited by tradehunter