It's raining cats and...

samhexum
This topic is 1217 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Poop has been mysteriously raining from the sky in Canada, leaving cars “inundated” with crap, steamed drivers say.

The literal s—tstorm happened May 9 and 12 in Kelowna, British Columbia, according to Global News.

Susan Allen and her son Travis Sweet were stopped at a red light when they were splattered with the flying feces, which dropped through an open sunroof.

“While we were sitting there, our car was inundated with liquid poo falling from the sky,” she said.

Sweet said he felt something cold smack the side of his face – “then the smell hit my nose.”

“I almost vomited instantly. It was terrible,” Sweet recalled.

Allen, meanwhile, burst into tears.

“It smelled so bad that my stomach got ill,” she said.

The fecal phenomenon left Allen with a swollen eye – and she believes an overhead passenger plane is to blame.

“We [saw] the airplane flying over,” she said. “We watched the stuff fall from the sky.”

Government agency Transport Canada is investigating the incident.

“Each air operator is responsible for ensuring that their aircraft operate safely and in compliance with the Canadian Aviation Regulations,” Transport Canada spokesperson Daniel Savoie said.

Those regulations say “no person shall create a hazard to persons or property on the surface by dropping an object from an aircraft in flight.”

Kelowna International Airport said it received a complaint over the crap but added that there was no aircraft flying in the area at the time.

Still, Allen wants to hold someone accountable.

“My car was inundated with poo. I would like them to clean my car out,” she griped. “An apology would be nice, and I do believe they owe me some compensation for my eye.”

Meanwhile, three days after Allen’s runny run-in, Brett Yates discovered that his car was struck by crap while parked in his driveway, according to Global News. His neighbor’s vehicle was also covered.

Yates lives near the area of the first incident.

• 2 years later...

Falling iguana alert! Cold weather in Florida may cause iguanas to fall out of trees. But they're not dead.

Falling iguana alert! Cold weather in Florida may cause iguanas to fall out of trees. But they're not dead.

The National Weather Service in Miami on Monday issued an unofficial warning for possible "falling iguanas" later this week, due to a cold snap that's forecast to chill the Sunshine State by Christmas Day.

"Brrr!" the Weather Service tweeted. "Much colder temps expected for Christmas. Low temperatures in the 30s/40s and falling iguanas are possible. Keep up with forecast changes and stay warm!"

With highs forecast to top out in the low 60s in Miami, it could be the coldest Christmas in South Florida since 1999.

Earlier this year, during a cold spell in January, the Weather Service in Florida said that "iguanas are cold blooded. They slow down or become immobile when temps drop into the 40s. They may fall from trees, but they are not dead."

Once temperatures reach a certain level, iguanas stiffen up and fall out of trees, according to Chris Michaels, a meteorologist with WSLS-TV in Roanoke, Virginia, who said this is something that has been seen over the years in South Florida.

"At about 50 degrees, iguanas can become lethargic," Michaels said. "It’s when the temperature drops to about 40 degrees or lower that their blood doesn’t move around as quickly. As a result, they can stiffen up and fall out of the trees in which they frequent."

During a similar cold snap and iguana "alert" almost three years ago, well-meaning residents finding stiffened iguanas were advised to leave them alone, as they may feel threatened and bite once they warm up.

“Don’t assume that they’re dead,” said Kristen Sommers, who oversees the nonnative fish and wildlife program for the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, during the January 2018 cold spell.

Green iguanas are an invasive species in Florida known for eating through landscaping and digging burrows that undermine infrastructure. They are native to South America, Central America and the Caribbean, and they arrived in South Florida through the pet trade, according to WFLA-TV.