FLASH: Elian Gonzales

HooBoy
This topic is 4494 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A federal judge has said the Federal court has no jurisdiction over the Elian Gonzales case, and his Florida family faces a deadline at noon

tomorrow.

The family appealed to President Clinton once again to intervene. Clinton, however, has declined. He said the last time he decided where to put a Cuban he was impeached.

HooBoy

• 11 years later...

Happy 18th Birthday Elian Gonzales!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/12/07/article-0-0904393D000005DC-78_233x315.jpg

Nearly twelve years have passed since he was pulled from a closet by a masked machine gun wielding US agent.

Now Elian Gonzalez, the Cuban boy who survived a perilous raft journey that killed his mother and became a symbol of troubled relations between the United States and Cuba, is an adult.

Gonzalez currently studies at a military academy on the island and took part in an 18th birthday celebration Tuesday in his native city of Cardenas alongside his father, according to images broadcast on the nightly news.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2071213/Raft-survivor-Elian-Gonzalez-turns-18-Cuba-quiet-celebration-father-fought-home.html#ixzz1fuUg4bi7

What a handsome young man Elian has become. Brings back memories. I was living in Miami during the Elian saga. Very polarizing issue for the community. Several days of near rioting. My only regret with Janet Reno's actions was that they didn't remove the child much sooner. I felt the Feds allowed the issue to drag on for far too long.

Archived