How Did You Find Masseurs Before The Internet?

Dmitri
This topic is 1356 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Not knowing where everything will stand once the dust settles and SESTA/FOSTA becomes law, I was interested in people sharing their stories of what they did before the internet? Who knows....someday (maybe soon) there might not be Masseurfinder, Rentmasseur, Daddy's reviews/forums, etc. So I was curious, what did you do before the internet to connect to get an erotic massage? Your experiences and suggestions of where to look without the internet will come in handy for all of us if things actually do go dark. Where did you find your erotic masseurs before the internet?

Edited by Dmitri

Waited until late at night and got a copy of frontiers magazine from outdoor newspaper box and replied to ads in the classified section. Then as the computer came into being, I loved the AOL chatrooms where there would be masseurs online you could usually find someone available. Though I have doubts everything will go dark it will probably evolve and be a little more difficult, but when people really want something they will find a way. I myself have already created a list of go to guys numbers just in case.

Not knowing where everything will stand once the dust settles and SESTA/FOSTA becomes law, I was interested in people sharing their stories of what they did before the internet? Who knows....someday (maybe soon) there might not be Masseurfinder, Rentmasseur, Daddy's reviews/forums, etc. So I was curious, what did you do before the internet to connect to get an erotic massage? Your experiences and suggestions of where to look without the internet will come in handy for all of us if things actually do go dark. Where did you find your erotic masseurs before the internet?

We were creative! :D

http://yiimports.com/image/cache/catalog/BH29123GRN-858x644.jpg

Classified ads in gay or gay-friendly city newspapers .... remember those black and white print advertisement days where you pay by the letter, and extra $ if you want to bold your headlines. And most numbers listed went to a pager, not a cell phone.

You would of course screen the masseur by talking to him, no pictures.

• 2 years later...

Washington Blade, a local gay newspaper.

I lived in Atlanta during my coming-out phase. We had Etcetera magazine with print ads, some even with photos, and a local alternative newspaper called Creative Loafing, also with print ads. At some of the local gyms there were bulletin boards with masseurs' business cards, too, and a personal trainer I had for a while was also a masseur. I still have my Rolodex from the 1990s with my favorite masseurs in it!

YMCA located in downtown Houston (awesome workout facility in mid 80s), had a board with business cards pinned on it. I was like 18 or 19 when I had my first massage from one of the trainers there. There was also a magazine call TWIT that had advertisements. Gee, I'm feeling OLD!

The local gay community center had a board with cards, I found a couple great "interactive" masseurs there. Sadly, they never lasted.