Danger, Will Robinson!

This topic is 1543 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was a boy I loved "Lost In Space" but fate conspired against me watching it. We lived in the country. We got only two channels. NBC and ABC/CBS. The latter showed some programs from each network. But we only had one tv set and my parents did not want to watch it. Later that combo channel decided to air "Perry Mason" reruns instead of "Lost In Space". They moved it to Saturday afternoon. But then had I chores. Once in a great while I got to watch an episode. I even wrote a fan letter and got a picture of the cast back. But over the years I got to see all the episodes; in the Summer time I spent at my paternal grandmother's.

I'm hoping for a dark serious remake of a goofy original. I loved the new Battlestar: Galactica.

I loved BG, too, but the original of that show was nothing compared to LIS. It was competing with Star Trek TOS and Batman and especially season three of LIS was nutty. In fact, only about half the first season was really serious. Then, Dr. Smith just chewed scenery. With Parker Posey as Smith, I find it hard to believe it will be straightforward drama. As long as it's good, though, I'll be happy with a new iteration.

wait, what? I missed that. Was she in the teaser trailer? I did not look through to see the full cast.

Main

• Toby Stephens as John Robinson, the expedition commander.
  • Molly Parker as Maureen Robinson, a fearless and brilliant aerospace engineer who makes the decision to bring her family to space for a chance at a new life on a better world.
  • Ignacio Serricchio as Don West, a roughneck smuggling luxury goods on the side who finds in the Robinsons the family he never thought he would find.
  • Taylor Russell as Judy Robinson, John and Maureen's eldest child.
  • Mina Sundwall as Penny Robinson, one of the Robinson children.
  • Maxwell Jenkins as Will Robinson, the youngest Robinson child.
  • Parker Posey as Dr. Smith

The Robot also appears in the series in a modified form.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...