Dallas to get Johnsons

tassojunior
This topic is 2184 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 2 weeks later...
Johnsons Fort Lauderdale, hugely successful at 6 months, posted today that their first branch will open in Dallas...soon.

Yes, and sadly they are taking Cam (one of the best bartenders) with them. Guess we will have to go to Dallas for good drinks and see if "everything Is bigger in Texas".

I suspect a large part of Johnson's success is the close attention Matt paid to the details. I worry that spending half (or more) of his time opening a new club in Dallas will be to the detriment of the Wilton Drive club. I've seen this happen with restaurants -- a chef with a successful place in city A branches out to city B and both places suffer as a result.

Zippers

Tin Room

What’s the third club since BJ’s closed last summer?

Gman

Third club is Marty’s on Maple Ave. I suppose you could also include TMC on Cedar Springs as a 4th dance bar since it took over BJs Tuesday night business. However I’m pretty sure TMC is a watered down version of BJs since I seriously doubt Caven Enterprises would allow private dances on its premises. Of course this is speculation on my part as I haven’t been to TMC (Throckmorton Mining Company) in a very long time.

Third club is Marty’s on Maple Ave. I suppose you could also include TMC on Cedar Springs as a 4th dance bar since it took over BJs Tuesday night business. However I’m pretty sure TMC is a watered down version of BJs since I seriously doubt Caven Enterprises would allow private dances on its premises. Of course this is speculation on my part as I haven’t been to TMC (Throckmorton Mining Company) in a very long time.

No, Caven would not.

They have too much to lose to get into the crosshairs of city politics.

• 4 weeks later...