Pure for Men vs Fresh by Amity Jack

Trick
This topic is 2246 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just niche marketing. The ingredients are essentially the same as Metamucil and both products have the same effect. Brilliant idea to repackage a product for middle aged and elderly consumers to target gay men at a premium price. Furthermore, these products are not going to make one completely “clean” and a cleanse would still be advisable to avoid unpleasant issues.

Pure having Davey Wavey as a spokesman is enough to make me lose interest in the product anyway. Can’t stand him.

Edited by ArVaGuy

Pure having Davey Wavey as a spokesman is enough to make me lose interest in the product anyway. Can’t stand him.

I find this line of thinking so childish.

It is like saying “I stopped brushing my teeth because I heard that the Nazi governement used to recommend to people to brush their teeth, and I don’t want to follow Hitler’s orders”.

Your first argument is the only one that is valid against Pure.

I find this line of thinking so childish.

It is like saying “I stopped brushing my teeth because I heard that the Nazi governement used to recommend to people to brush their teeth, and I don’t want to follow Hitler’s orders”.

Your first argument is the only one that is valid against Pure.

So?

Companies choose spokespeople all the time that some members of the target audience don't like. In my case Davey Wavey personifies the shallow, vain phoniness of the modern day gay community.

So?

Companies choose spokespeople all the time that some members of the target audience don't like.

Apologies, I thought we were between adult who could see the value of a product based on its own merit, not based on who is promoting it. I was wrong.

Do you think it looks clever to admit you are swayed by which celebrity (or non-celebrity in this case) is promoting something?

Another analogy is my 4 year old goddaughter, who says "I don't like brocoli, and you don't even know how to do the airplane like mummy does".

She eats brocoli when her mother does the airplane trick. At that age she has difficulties seeing the difference between the product (brocoli) and the promotion (her mum doing a trick).

Now I have told you the Nazis were indeed recommending to brush your teeth, will you stop doing it because you don't like some of the promoters?

Yep. Based on the ingredient list, it's main objective is bulk forming.

Meaning, if you just take this expecting miracles without changing your diet a bit and intaking a LOT of water, it's going to make you miserable.

I have been trying Pure for digestive reasons (not a bottom, at least not thus far!) and finding it good, but are you saying its just a fancier better marketed version of Metamucil? Have recently reformed my eating too and lost 12lbs this month, so drinking loads of water, but maybe I should switch Pure to Metamucil or a cheaper fiber supplement?

I have been trying Pure for digestive reasons (not a bottom, at least not thus far!) and finding it good, but are you saying its just a fancier better marketed version of Metamucil? Have recently reformed my eating too and lost 12lbs this month, so drinking loads of water, but maybe I should switch Pure to Metamucil or a cheaper fiber supplement?

one has pretty men shilling for it and a little flax seed alongside the psyllium.

one doesn't.

that's about it.

• throwaway17061shortstack81 1 point 3 months ago

psyllium husk capsules are much cheaper and do the exact same thing.

the difference is in what you pay for it.

•  
  • sluttydude0 10 points 1 year ago

It's psyllium husk with some chia and flaxseed thrown in. So you could buy the straight psyllium husk and see if that's enough to do the job, or buy some chia and flaxseed to go along with it.

• gjamesm 3 points 1 year ago

I swear by PURE. I take 4 capsules twice a day and it keeps my completely clean.

• renerdratits like i have ESPN or something 6 points 1 year ago

you could actually just eat chia and flax seeds in foods and take psylium husk...

Flax seeds taste great in smoothies, oat meal, all kinds of things. Chia seeds I love to add to iced coffee or juices.

I don't see why I would take a supplement for something that I think tastes great on it's own?

Bingo.

I'd also look into chasing it periodically with Miralax (polyethylene glycol). Instead of bulk forming, it forces more moisture into your system for a faster cleanse. Some people use either digestive supplement daily, but it's an apple and oranges outcome.

Ok, always a bit confused when people say Metamucil is cheaper. The "directions" on Metamucil says 5 capsules 4x a day. that's 20 capsules. A 100 capsule bottle for $12 means every 5 days a new bottle. 6 bottles a month say. 6 x 12 =72.

Pure is 2 capsules 2 x a day. 120 capsule bottle equals 30 day supply at 24.95. I must be doing the math wrong.

They're essentially the same (though a post above does explain the slight differences - basically Pure uses a few sources for fiber and theoretically the mix makes a difference). I've tried Metamucil and Pure and both work fine for me. As you've alluded to, it's not enough to just add some fiber - you can make dietary changes such as increasing your water intake and your intake of fresh fruits and vegetables (with the peels, ffs) that will help whether your goal is weight management or an expedient prep for a night of getting fucked.

amity jack has a lot of complaints about feeling bloated and cramped..

Yep. Based on the ingredient list, it's main objective is bulk forming.

Meaning, if you just take this expecting miracles without changing your diet a bit and intaking a LOT of water, it's going to make you miserable.

Long term use of fiber products will cause bloating and lead to cramps. A contributing factor is diet, healthier food will minimize bloating. The best remedy is to cycle off the product for about two weeks. Then start again.

Ok, always a bit confused when people say Metamucil is cheaper. The "directions" on Metamucil says 5 capsules 4x a day. that's 20 capsules. A 100 capsule bottle for $12 means every 5 days a new bottle. 6 bottles a month say. 6 x 12 =72.

Pure is 2 capsules 2 x a day. 120 capsule bottle equals 30 day supply at 24.95. I must be doing the math wrong.

You only need to take two capsules of Metamucil a day as well. To me, that direction 4x per day is like the shampoo bottle instruction “wash, rinse, repeat.” How many people actually follow that instruction?

I've taken a teaspoon of sugar-free Metamucil in water every day for 20+ years. I also eat a lot of other dietary fiber and drink a lot of water. That comes to about $0.16/day, although you could buy the same generic from any of the major retailers for less than that. I'm not much of a bottom, and properly cleaning out takes more effort in any case -- no single product or practice can ensure the lower digestive tract is empty and clean, it takes a multi-pronged approach. Wildly overpriced capsules are, at best, a pricey placebo.

Those are the ones I buy (for health not prepping to bottom), funny I use that same vendor for protein but I get the psyllium on Amazon.