Zagitova or Medvedeva?????

Populist Fury
This topic is 2200 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Which Russian angel is everyone rooting for to win Gold on Thursday night, Alina or Evgenia?????????

One will walk away with Gold, the other one with the Silver medal <3 Don't see a scenario in which they both choke & someone else wins over them. They're both almost unbeatable & each other's only competition at this point based on their technical ability, etc...

I personally want Alina Zagitova to win it all. Always love it when a hungry teen shows up @ the Olympics & snatches gold from the more established skaters <3 Also love the way she strategically places all her jumps in the 2nd half of her program to get the 10% bonus on every jump, milking that shit for extra points like no one else... it's badass & risky af. Like Johnny Weir said, it's like running several sprints after a marathon. Evgenia probably deserves it more based on her 2 year domination, so I'll be happy for her too if she comes out victorious in the end. :)

Hopefully an American wins bronce. I'll be kind of difficult to achieve tho...

Mirai Nagasu, with her triple axel, has an outside shot at a bronze, but more than likely the bronze will be between Kostner and the two Canadian girls. As for gold and silver, unless hell freezes over, will be between those two Russian girls. I couldn't care less who wins which actually.

Which Russian angel is everyone rooting for to win Gold on Thursday night, Alina or Evgenia?????????

One will walk away with Gold, the other one with the Silver medal <3 Don't see a scenario in which they both choke & someone else wins over them. They're both almost unbeatable & each other's only competition at this point based on their technical ability, etc...

I personally want Alina Zagitova to win it all. Always love it when a hungry teen shows up @ the Olympics & snatches gold from the more established skaters <3 Also love the way she strategically places all her jumps in the 2nd half of her program to get the 10% bonus on every jump, milking that shit for extra points like no one else... it's badass & risky af. Like Johnny Weir said, it's like running several sprints after a marathon. Evgenia probably deserves it more based on her 2 year domination, so I'll be happy for her too if she comes out victorious in the end. :)

Hopefully an American wins bronce. I'll be kind of difficult to achieve tho...

Prefer Evgenia by far. Alina is technically perfect but the backloading of the program doesn't flow for me...Evgenia does the same but without the frantic, staccato choreography. Alina is definitely talented but I don't feel moved the same way. That said, Alina will probably win :) (Poor Mirai.)

It's been a bad decade for the US. I think that the USFSA judges just don't align with the international judges and it does our skaters an injustice. Also, the USFSA doesn't seem to have a long-term strategy, other than to just pick out what they hope is going to be the least bad skater (Ashley) but then throw themselves behind an untested person who can land some jumps (Bradie) and blow up their scores at nationals. But international judges don't love either of them too much, do they? Mirai is always robbed in components, though, and she really deserves better.

It's been a bad decade for the US. I think that the USFSA judges just don't align with the international judges and it does our skaters an injustice. Also, the USFSA doesn't seem to have a long-term strategy, other than to just pick out what they hope is going to be the least bad skater (Ashley) but then throw themselves behind an untested person who can land some jumps (Bradie) and blow up their scores at nationals. But international judges don't love either of them too much, do they? Mirai is always robbed in components, though, and she really deserves better.

Agree, USFSA has completely failed our female skaters. Russian judges reward risk, that's why their skaters are fierce af & willing to go the extra mile.

I hope Marai tries another triple axel tomorrow even if she falls again. She's got nothing to lose at this point anyway, might as well go out with a bang <3 Hard to not feel bad for her after watching this vid of her crying last night (I just watched it again :/)

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/emotional-mirai-nagasu-disappointed-after-axel-fall?chrcontext=newsfeed

Alina hits a 5-tripple combination like it's nothing in practice:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/alina-zagitova-hits-5-triple-jump-combination-practice?chrcontext=newsfeed

Goddess. All those other girls must feel completely intimidated by her, love it! <3

Zoinks! She can do a triple loop with almost no speed going into the jump. That jump combination is like nothing I've ever seen!

Great skating by both ladies, but a tied score in the FS, come on. What are the odds for that. Seems like there has to be some sort of score manipulation by the judges, and it took so long for the scores to come up for both these ladies. Also I wonder about the possibility of computer hacking to change 1 value which could alter the results since the computers were hacked at the opening ceremonies.

Great skating by both ladies, but a tied score in the FS, come on. What are the odds for that. Seems like there has to be some sort of score manipulation by the judges, and it took so long for the scores to come up for both these ladies. Also I wonder about the possibility of computer hacking to change 1 value which could alter the results since the computers were hacked at the opening ceremonies.

Down to a hundredth of a point? I agree, that sounds crazy, just too much of a coincidence. At the same time, since the judges set all their GOE and PCS scores independently, with no idea of the other judges' scores, I don't see how any manipulation is possible.

Reading Dick Button's tweets from last night filled me with so much life this morning <333

Zagitova Costume is age perfect

Zagitova Beautiful jumps, little height, wildly secure

Zagitova She did her jumps in the second half, why complain when those are the rules, they give extra points

Medvedeva another not satisfying dress

Medvedeva a gutsy skater

Medvedeva beautiful jumps, security good edging, steady curve in and out

Medvedeva my opinion, her performnce is less satisfying to watch than some of the others

A right decision, Medvedeva not elegant , technically strong, little performance

Zagitova is a Ballerina on the ice. Same quality as Ludmillia Protopopov

^ Many people forget that FS is a SPORT & not performance art. Technical ability should always outweigh artistry, especially @ a highly competitive event like the Olympics.

Some seem to want Disney On Ice instead of a sport with an artistic element to it. There are exhibition events out there for those kind of people if all they want is spiral sequences & overacted drama...

I read that ISU want to add synchronized group skating to the 2022 Olympics the other day & it almost made me throw up lol

^ Many people forget that FS is a SPORT & not performance art. Technical ability should always outweigh artistry, especially @ a highly competitive event like the Olympics.

Some seem to want Disney On Ice instead of a sport with an artistic element to it. There are exhibition events out there for those kind of people if all they want is spiral sequences & overacted drama...

I read that ISU want to add synchronized group skating to the 2022 Olympics the other day & it almost made me throw up lol

I agree. I think though that there’s some sort of standardized rules like doing half of the planned jumps im the first half. It obviously benefits Zagitova to do all her jumps incthe second half because she’s very young. The older skaters have to spreadit out a bit more so they don’t tire easily. And it’s a shame to get a lot more points for a well executed double axel over a triple because of the GOE. That’s how Kostner keeps herself relevant. She can’t do all the triples everyone is doing but is earning a lot of points but doing a really good double jump. SMH

It's about the blend of both. Edges, line, positions are always going to make a difference, and they're still part of the GOE for technical elements (you don't think Alina is doing Tano lutzes just because the arm is beautiful, do you?). That said, I don't think anyone is worried about technical ability being underrewarded anyway, especially in a system where Mirai falling on a triple axel (5.5) still gets more points than, say, Alina's perfect double axel (4.56) :)

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wUsXs5s2Xc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTggTGGX1tI

From a Russian exhibition show <3

I love how Alina skated her entire Olympic gold medal program @ an exhibition event, complete with jumps & everything... fell on her 3Ltz/3Lp jump, then went back & landed it perfectly afterward. #Королева

Looking forward to their 3rd showdown @ Worlds in a couple weeks. Hanyu already pulled out :/

Meet future 2022 Olympic champion - Russian princess Alexandra Trusova:

2 quads landed + highest technical score ever recorded for a female skater in competition <3 She's going to become an unstoppable force when her component scores start to go up.

Also, that young coach from #TeamTutberidze is both fuckable & adorable. Husband material for sure <3

• 2 weeks later...
Meet future 2022 Olympic champion - Russian princess Alexandra Trusova:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMGKwtWOZlM.

2 quads landed + highest technical score ever recorded for a female skater in competition <3 She's going to become an unstoppable force when her component scores start to go up.

Also, that young coach from #TeamTutberidze is both fuckable & adorable. Husband material for sure <3

his name's daniil gleikhengauz.