Nathan Chen

LoveNDino
This topic is 798 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Kurt Browning and Charlie White are hosting an online event this Saturday evening featuring the cast of the last SOI (Nathan Chen scheduled to be on between 8:40 and 9p). You can also post questions to the SOI cast - let's just say they probably won't answer my more controversial questions.

Event site: https://www.onlocationlive.com/product/stars-on-ice-home-for-the-holidays

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hopefully he does well this time in the upcoming Olympics. He literally crashed and burned at the ones in PyeongChang.

Random note too, I had a friend who used to do fantasy figure skating online. Predicted who would come in what place at events. I did'nt know they had such a thing until he told me. ?

I wanna participate in that

I really like Nathan Chen's combination of Athleticism and Artistry. His Ballet training has given him excellent posture. He also skates complete programs where he focuses the same level of energy on the spins and footwork as on the jumps.

The triple Axel is a terribly difficult jump, the only jump started skating forward which means it is 3.5 rotations. Still he really needs to get this fixed, particularly for the short program where it will be compulsory. The starting value of a triple Axel is 8.5 while a double is only 3.5. Shoma Uno from Japan has been very impressive and will be one to watch. Rippon has always been inconsistent, and I doubt that the pressures of an Olympic Games performance will help his consistency. For me, the three favorites are Chen, Fernandez, and Uno- but the Russians, and Chinese also have strong challengers on the Men's side.

Now that Shoma has been working with Stephane Lambiel, I wonder how that could shake things up.

T

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, E.T.Bass said:

His programs are listed on his website.  I was especially impressed when he skated to  “La Boheme” by Charles Aznavour.

Nice choice.

oh *whew* I thought you were saying his olympic programs are already on his site. lol. I have been a fan of his caravan and nemesis short programs. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...