Nathan Chen

LoveNDino
This topic is 799 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Johnny Weir was giving commentary to the short women's program (at least that is what I saw) this evening and although he could be interesting what the fuck was he wearing? It looked like something stolen off Queen Victoria.

I was more disturbed by Tara’s lips. Way too much Juvaderm pumped in there, like she’s trying to balance out her puffy bottom lip.

Lip-inski.

He's basically a clown now

While I agree that Johnny goes a bit too far with his drag goddess antics, when he does commentary, he's actually quite good. He tosses all the theatrics aside, buckles down, and gives some really good brass-tacks insight into the skating. I definitely prefer his commentary over Tara's, who makes some inane or really obvious remarks.

Glad the Germans went from 4th in the short to gold medal winners last night, they deserved it after that flawless/ferocious performance <3

I normally don't care too much for the pairs event, but I was really impressed with them & some of the others. Ice Dance is the event I don't give a single f about...

I used to be pretty lukewarm about pairs. Honestly, I thought pairs was for skaters who weren't good enough to cut it in singles. But lately, the pairs are doing the most unbelievable lifts - beautiful, difficult, and fraught with risk. It's become my second favorite event after the men's. I'm with you about ice dancing. I actually used to like it, but honestly, you couldn't pay me to watch it now.

Well I guess Nathan can't handle pressure. It seems that the pressure just builds and he gets worse. Hopefully he will skate better tomorrow when there will be no pressure to win a medal, like Mao Asada did at the 2014 Olympics. If he can't handle the pressure he will become another Patrick Chan but without a World Championship. I could see this coming from how he performed at 2017 World Championships. Hope he gets it together for the Beijing Games in 2022.

Time to change the title of this thread to Nathan Choke after tonight y'all :confused: 2 awful performances in a row & all the way down in 17th place now lol. Like, I want to feel sorry for the guy, but can't do to all the hype he received going into Olympic season...

Hanyu skating to Chopin slayed me, but I'm going to be rooting for Javi the most tomorrow night <3 Hoping he steals gold, or at least medals this time. Couldn't take my eyes off his perfectly round butt in that outfit he was wearing, wow! #SoInLove

Time to change the title of this thread to Nathan Choke after tonight y'all :confused: 2 awful performances in a row & all the way down in 17th place now lol. Like, I want to feel sorry for the guy, but can't do to all the hype he received going into Olympic season...

Hanyu skating to Chopin slayed me, but I'm going to be rooting for Javi the most tomorrow night <3 Hoping he steals gold, or at least medals this time. Couldn't take my eyes off his perfectly round butt in that outfit he was wearing, wow! #SoInLove

Hanyu was flawless tonight, but I enjoyed Fernandez performance the most. Nathan suffered from all the pre Olympic media hype. He wouldn't be the first one, Michelle Kwan never took an Olympic Gold, nor did Kurt Browning. I would also blame Vera Wang who designed Nathan's costumes. She also designed Nancy Kerrigan's and look what happened to her. Call it the Vera Wang Curse. While we are on the subject of appearance, the Japanese men need to stay away from the hairdresser and the paint pots. All the Emo, neo romantic, feathering, and coloring makes me think they've been taking tips from Johnny Weir- nobody wants that.

Well I guess Nathan can't handle pressure. It seems that the pressure just builds and he gets worse. Hopefully he will skate better tomorrow when there will be no pressure to win a medal, like Mao Asada did at the 2014 Olympics. If he can't handle the pressure he will become another Patrick Chan but without a World Championship. I could see this coming from how he performed at 2017 World Championships. Hope he gets it together for the Beijing Games in 2022.

I missed the short program live and had to watch it on tape. Because I already knew the results, it took me a long time to bring myself to watch Nathan's short because I knew it was a disaster. Oh boy, was it ever. You almost have to expect the step-out of the triple axel, but not the fall on the quad lutz and the spin-out of the quad toe. Eek! he couldn't even complete a combination, to plunge his score even lower. It really bums me out because he's improved his PCS so much.

Yes, Nathan has a tremendous future as a figure skater, but I don't know how long he intends to stay in the sport. I know he wants to go to Harvard; he might have already been accepted. Other skaters manage to go to college full-time and keep up their skating, but it's awfully tough. I'm not sure Nathan can handle a Harvard course load and compete as a world-class figure skater at the same time.

I missed the short program live and had to watch it on tape. Because I already knew the results, it took me a long time to bring myself to watch Nathan's short because I knew it was a disaster. Oh boy, was it ever. You almost have to expect the step-out of the triple axel, but not the fall on the quad lutz and the spin-out of the quad toe. Eek! he couldn't even complete a combination, to plunge his score even lower. It really bums me out because he's improved his PCS so much.

Yes, Nathan has a tremendous future as a figure skater, but I don't know how long he intends to stay in the sport. I know he wants to go to Harvard; he might have already been accepted. Other skaters manage to go to college full-time and keep up their skating, but it's awfully tough. I'm not sure Nathan can handle a Harvard course load and compete as a world-class figure skater at the same time.

It’s over for Nathan this s year, but folks, GET REAL. He’s only a lad of 18. He’s a high school kid! When he’s 22, he’ll likely be spectacular- physically and artistically. You’ll all be swooning!

It’s over for Nathan this s year, but folks, GET REAL. He’s only a lad of 18. He’s a high school kid! When he’s 22, he’ll likely be spectacular- physically and artistically. You’ll all be swooning!

I'm already swooning. That free skate ... OMG ... Nathan is the Stud God of Figure Skating!! Nathan has already said that he's retiring after this season and plans to go to Harvard. Mind you, that's before he bombed in the short and missed the podium. Maybe his fifth place finish will spark the desire to stay in it. It seems crazy for an 18-year-old kid to retire.

By the way, it's not quite over for Nathan this year. Now that he laid down the gauntlet with an eye-popping six quads in the free skate, the Nathan vs. Yuzuru battle is ON!

Edited by BSR