Well...that didn't take long. Military parade in DC coming.

Oaktown

c9e2d9b4086e20229e6b2c9b5a43d246f331b131e5fd42335f9e5af177bf04d2.gif?w=600&h=250

As a known fan of pomp and circumstance, President Donald Trump has ordered the Pentagon to hold a grand military parade through Washington, D.C. on his behalf later this year.

The Washington Post reported Tuesday that during a January 18 meeting in the Pentagon’s “tank” room (typically reserved for top-secret military discussions with the Joint Chiefs of Staff) the president’s previously “abstract desire” for a military parade appeared to become a directive.

“The marching orders were: I want a parade like the one in France,” a military official with knowledge of the meeting told the Post. “This is being worked at the highest levels of the military.”

Whoever would have guessed that a TV reality star with no government experience, 6 bankruptcies, 5 children from 3 different marriages, 11 charges of sexual assault, 4,000+ lawsuits would turn out this bad?

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it will be on the same day as the gay pride parade????

Drop Soap Not Bombs!

Whoever would have guessed that a TV reality star with no government experience, 6 bankruptcies, 5 children from 3 different marriages, 11 charges of sexual assault, 4,000+ lawsuits would turn out this bad?

We have two parades and two special days. They are called Veterans Day and Memorial Day.

The difference is these parades are about the people who have and do serve.

Trump wants a military parade about him.

It's too bad he's not speaking with Kim Jong-un. He could give him some very good advice about putting a parade together. I hope he uses that magenta color as the principal color and theme. Perhaps Melania could incorporate it into her fashion scheme. It might be too "gay" for Barron but who knows.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Make America Sane Again

Not a fan of Hitler, but at least Hitler actually served in the military. Trump got five draft deferments - four for college and one for "bone spurs" even though he was active in baseball, football, soccer, tennis, squash and golf in school. Years later he was unable to even recall which foot had these so-called bone spurs. The irony of a draft dodger leading a military parade, costing millions to organize (and unknown costs to repair the streets of D.C. after the event) is an affront to anyone who served in the military. With any luck, Trump will be leading a parade down Pennsylvania Avenue to the Federal Courthouse in D.C. to work out a plea agreement.

Edited by JayCeeKy

It's too bad he's not speaking with Kim Jong-un. He could give him some very good advice about putting a parade together. I hope he uses that magenta color as the principal color and theme. Perhaps Melania could incorporate it into her fashion scheme. It might be too "gay" for Barron but who knows.

And a better hairstyle...

Liberal, born and raised in Maryland, proud member of pink pistols!

Ignore list: WilliamM

It's all just another distraction...

the greatest beauty is

Organic wholeness, the wholeness of life and things,

the divine beauty of the universe.

Love that, not man apart from that,

or else you will share man’s pitiful confusions,

or drown in despair when his days darken."

- Robinson Jeffers

B e l i e v e

Kim Jong-un is the first person to come to mind when I heard that Trump ordered a grand military parade. OK, so apparently they have one in Surrender-stan (a.k.a. France), but I always associate military parades with Mao or the old Soviets. What exactly is the point of all this? I guess it could spark a greater feeling of pride in our military. It will undoubtedly throw leftists into hissy fits. Well, I guess there are worse ways to spend taxpayer dollars.

My ignore list:  marylander1940, MiamiLooker, stevenkesslar

Trump is creating another diversion. Yes, he is as queer as a three dollar bill, when it comes to military matters (I always suspect that he's under the table at Joint Chiefs of Staff meetings giving "his" generals a Lewinsky Hummer- or a least thinking about it). Those who support a Grand Military display will be deemed Patriots- and those who do not will be treasonous. It will be a helpful distraction from the Mueller investigation, a potentially volatile stock market, government shut downs, Korean tension, and the lack of comprehensive immigration reform, in the run up to the mid-term elections. It will be very expensive. Armored vehicles will destroy the pavement on the streets of D.C. There are small numbers of troops in the Capital. The masses of troops and weaponry for a two hour display will have to be brought in from all over the Country. Our Propaganda Minister Sarah Huckabee-Goebbels will begin the drumbeat to shame all the treasonous traitors who object to the plans of our Dear Leader. Now if He can just get them to Goose-step.

It is how we make America great again after stock market uncertainty and deep state plots against a popular (with the MAGA base) president

So, what's HIS psychology ? When NOONE celebrates you, Celebrate YOURSELF ???? This is just Trump putting his Ego and Narcissism on full display, giving the finger to his detractors, and an egregious way to spend the taxpayer money he cut from seniors and education. When will SOMEONE stop this madman ????