Casey Novak is running for congress: Will Alex Cabot vote for her?

samhexum

This topic is 1359 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Fans of Law & Order: SVU will be happy to know that hard-nosed ADA Casey Novak is running for Congress. Or, at least, the actress who played her is. Diane Neal, a registered Democrat and New York resident, announced on Tuesday that she is running for the 19th Congressional District seat as an independent. She will need 3,500 signatures to secure a spot on the November ballot.

As for her political views, Neal told The Daily Freeman, “I’m a little Libertarian, I’m a lot liberal, mostly progressive, but I have this amazing ability to be able to take really complicated policy and break it down into edible sound bites, which is something most progressive liberals cannot do.”

And she is clearly anti-Trump. In the same interview, Neal said that she has experience dealing with the president. She met him 15 years ago on The Apprentice, where she was a judge. At an after-party, she decided to investigate his famous hair. Per The Daily Freeman:

“After talking with him for a while, he stood in front of me [with his back turned], and I slipped a chopstick right in that thing because I wanted to see what it was made out of, how it was attached.

“I started getting a nice amount of loft,” she said. “I’m sure that someone has a tape of this somewhere … and I swear to God it was like I was about to see the singularity. It was like all time and space was ending. Then he walked away and he took the chopstick with him, and for the last 15 years, I’ve wondered, where did it fall out?”

I can quote The Golden Girls for any situation in life . :)

Cynthia Nixon may run for governor of NY.

Sarah Jessica Parker and Cynthia Nixon aren’t letting their “Sex and the City” feud with Kim Cattrall get the best of them.

Parker and Nixon sent their condolences to their longtime co-star after Cattrall’s missing brother was found dead in Canada over the weekend.

“It is with great sadness that myself and my family announce the unexpected passing of our son and brother, Chris Cattrall,” Kim Cattrall, 61, posted on her Twitter account Sunday afternoon. “At this time we ask for privacy. We want to thank you all on social media for your outpouring of love and support in this trying time.”

Parker commented on Cattrall’s emotional announcement, writing, “Dearest Kim, my love and condolences to you and yours and Godspeed to your beloved brother.”

Nixon also responded in the comments section, saying, “Hey Kim such awful news. So sorry to hear. Sending you love. XO.”

Parker’s and Nixon’s well wishes follow the “Sex and the City” cast’s highly publicized feud with Cattrall, who told Piers Morgan none of them were ever friends. Parker told Andy Cohen last week that Cattrall’s comments broke her heart.

“…I found it very upsetting because that’s not the way I recall our experience. It’s sad, but I always think that what ties us together was this singular experience,” Parker said. “It was a professional experience, but it became personal because it was years and years of our lives, so I hope that eclipses anything that’s been recently spoken.”

I can quote The Golden Girls for any situation in life . :)