The Eagles won and their fans rioted... White men don't celebrate responsibly?

marylander1940

This topic is 1357 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it's called white privilege/entitlement.

If a black crowd had done this all blacks would be asked: "Why did you guys do that?", and all of them would be held responsible for the behavior of some and the negligence of the ones who just watched.

I'll bet they were all Trump supporters, but we didnt recognize them without their Tiki Torches..... ?

They may be White, but I am sure, many arent privileged, unless you mean being White as their privilege ? They were just being childish fools.... That can happen to anyone.

Why is this so difficult to grasp? White privilege doesn't mean being uniformly 'privileged', it means when you riot the police don't show up with water cannons and tear gas.

Edited by mike carey

Why is this so difficult to grasp?White privilege doesn't mean being uniformly 'privileged', it means when you riot the police don't show up with water cannons and tear gas.

We're talking about their behavior, which has nothing to do with THEIR color. They are immature morons with no respect for authority. Both black and white, yellow, green, whatever could be guilty of that. Now if we are talking "punishment", I can see where the white privilege would come into play.

This is not surprising for people who live in or near Philadelphia. The city elected a racist mayor (Frank Rizzo) who tried to change the City Charter so he could run for a third term. Rizzo was mayor from 1971 to 1979.

Philadelphia had never won a Super Bowl and was not expected to beat New England.

"Not Surprising" does not excuse the behavior on Sunday night.

This is not surprising for people who live in or near Philadelphia. The city elected a racist mayor (Frank Rizzo) who tried to change the City Charter so he could run for a third term. Rizzo was mayor from 1971 to 1979.

Philadelphia had never won a Super Bowl and was not expected to beat New England.

"Not Surprising" does not excuse the behavior on Sunday night.

AGREED, and Those people, regardless of their color should have faced the harshest of consequences.

Its just a stupid Ball game.... Geesh !

No is not, at least not for them and you should be able to acknowledge it. It's city, family, religious pride, specially in a blue collar and Catholic city like Philadelphia stuck between NYC and Washington, DC.

Edited by marylander1940

Liberal, born and raised in Maryland, proud member of pink pistols!

Ignore list: WilliamM

No it not, at least not for them and you should be able to acknowledge it. It's city, family, religious pride, specially in a blue collar and Catholic city like Philadelphia stuck between NYC and Washington, DC.

You are giving it way too much credit... ITS A FUCKING BALL GAME.. Maybe those assholes should have more pride in THEMSELVES ? That's what I understand !

It's city, family, religious pride, specially in a blue collar and Catholic city like Philadelphia stuck between NYC and Washington, DC.

Mostly true. But many of the conservative Catholics have moved out of the city. Tourists still spent a day or two here to see the very significant historical sites and newest attraction: The Barnes Foundation (a major art museum).

I live near the Barnes and talk to tourists most days --- mostly giving directions to the museum.

@marylander1940 I hope you can visit Philadelphia and visit the Museum.

You are giving it way too much credit... ITS A FUCKING BALL GAME.. Maybe those assholes should have more pride in THEMSELVES ? That's what I understand !

I agree a little. I attend basketball baseball and ice hockey games in Philadelphia because of liking the sports. However I have been a baseball St. Louis Cardinal fan all my life so understand excessive team loyalty but not violence and/or destroying property. People could have been killed or very seriously injured.

I did not proof read correctly but will not make changes immediately so people can see my original comment. Now I have made the correction at 4.22 p.m.

Edited by WilliamM

I agree a little. I attend basketball baseball and ice hockey games in Philadelphia because of liking the sports. However I have been a baseball St. Louis Cardinal fan all my life. so understand excessive team loyality.

Team loyalty ? What happened was way beyond that. Destruction of public property and vandalism far exceeds the definition of team loyalty.

How would you know? From what I have read you do not like sports. And of course I am against violence and destruction of property.

Liking sports ? Bullshit ! I know because this is common sense williamM. Team loyalty SHOULD NOT lead anyone to be DESTRUCTIVE..... This is NOT open to debate from you. Sorry !

Liking sports ? Bullshit ! I know because this is common sense williamM. Team loyalty SHOULD NOT lead anyone to be DESTRUCTIVE..... This is NOT open to debate from you. Sorry !

I wrote in my response: 'And of course I am against violence and destruction of property.' You even copied that sentence in your quote.

I wrote in my response: 'And of course I am against violence and destruction of property.' You even copied that sentence in your quote.

Your "disclaimer" didnt make your "how would you know" comment any less dismissive.... You seem to have an ongoing habit of doing that, dismissing others because somehow YOUR experiences are more relevant. I read AND I Understand !

I happen to agree that destruction is never justified.

However, we are fortunate to live in a world where you DO NOT get to define or set value on team loyalty. The two are separate issues.

I happen to agree that destruction is never justified.

However, we are fortunate to live in a world where you DO NOT get to define or set value on team loyalty. The two are separate issues.

True perhaps, but living in a world as THEY seem to define it is DANGEROUS. I see very little difference between the Philly win aftermath and the Tiki Torch march. Rabid supporters attempting to "force" a new normalcy.....

How would you know? From what I have read you do not like sports. And of course I am against violence and destruction of property.

Not unless there's a dark room connected to the bar were man drink while watching sports...

Liberal, born and raised in Maryland, proud member of pink pistols!

Ignore list: WilliamM

"THEY" defined nothing. You supplied the definition.

We were discussing team loyalty, and it was suggested that perhaps their behavior was a result of their "team loyalty". So in that sense, they WERE defining what team loyalty was, and showing it to us in no uncertain terms. I supplied nothing. Perhaps you need a re-read ?