Super Bowl Commercials: Any favorites?

Cooper

This topic is 1352 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I enjoyed the Martha Stuart vs. Jack fight from Jack In The Box. "I CAN'T SMELL!" I feel bad for the Australia tourism board, since by the time their commercial aired, I thought it was just another Tide ad. :p It's about time companies mocked Super Bowl commercials in general, which made game breaks as interesting as the game for a change.

I don't follow sports. But people would talk about the half-time show I thought it would be akin to the Olympic ceremonies. So one time I watched it; I was disappointed. That one time was enough!

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others" ["Animal Farm"]

" ... my library was dukedom large enough" [Prospero - "The Tempest" Act 1, Scene 2]

What was NOT a favorite was the Ram pickup truck commercial with the voiceover from a Martin Luther King sermon delivered at Ebenezer Church.

The King Family Estate has had a history of crass commercialization of Dr King’s writings and recorded speeches, with lots of dramatic public intra-bickering over profit rights to his estate.

I don’t think that commercial did much to burnish Ram’s image, whatever it is they may be trying to achieve.

it's coming.