Now Trey Gowdy

sync

This topic is 1353 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Is he retiring or what?????

I hope so... The less of these corrupt Democrats & Republicans we have left standing by the end of the year, the better <3 #BrandNewCongress

He is leaving because there are too many questions about his alien heritage . He hails from the planet Zebithfuckhead

http://i2.wp.com/www.bradwarthen.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/gowdy_surfs_up.jpg

This is horrible news...Who in the Hell is going to lead the Benghazi hearings now?

the greatest beauty is

Organic wholeness, the wholeness of life and things,

the divine beauty of the universe.

Love that, not man apart from that,

or else you will share man’s pitiful confusions,

or drown in despair when his days darken."

- Robinson Jeffers

B e l i e v e

This is horrible news...Who in the Hell is going to lead the Benghazi hearings now?

I nominate Rep. Frederica Wilson.

I fell in love with her when she stood up for Sgt. LaDavid Johnson and took on Trump and Kelly for being liars.

And something good actually came of it.

https://www.gofundme.com/sgt-la-david-johnson-scholarship

Technically the GoFundMe scholarship campaign was started by Sgt. Johnson's widow, but the language of the ask sounds like Wilson, and it cites the 5000 Role Models of Excellence Project which is her brainchild. You got to hand it to strong Black women, because she actually figured out how to turn a tragedy involving suffering and death into something that created strength and hope.

Gowdy does not have that in his skill set.

More Wilson, less Gowdy, I say. The Congress and the US will be better for it.

Oh, and I think we should all wear more of her hats, too.

http://www.blogmocracy.com/wp-content/uploads/Frederica-Williams-Candidate-for-the-Idiot-Wind-Award-2017.gif

I nominate Rep. Frederica Wilson.

I fell in love with her when she stood up for Sgt. LaDavid Johnson and took on Trump and Kelly for being liars.

And something good actually came of it.

https://www.gofundme.com/sgt-la-david-johnson-scholarship

Technically the GoFundMe scholarship campaign was started by Sgt. Johnson's widow, but the language of the ask sounds like Wilson, and it cites the 5000 Role Models of Excellence Project which is her brainchild. You got to hand it to strong Black women, because she actually figured out how to turn a tragedy involving suffering and death into something that created strength and hope.

Gowdy does not have that in his skill set.

More Wilson, less Gowdy, I say. The Congress and the US will be better for it.

Oh, and I think we should all wear more of her hats, too.

http://www.blogmocracy.com/wp-content/uploads/Frederica-Williams-Candidate-for-the-Idiot-Wind-Award-2017.gif

I think a good committee would have to face off against Maxine Waters and Frederica Wilson. There wouldn't be anything left of those scardy-cat Republicans. They would pull them apart. Devin Nunes wouldn't know what hit him.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Make America Sane Again

Trey Gowdy's retirement coincides with a vacancy on the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals, so we may not be completely rid of him yet.

That blowhard writing opinions on a court of appeals?!!!!How influential is this circuit?

“Who you gonna believe, me or your own eyes?”

-The Marx Brothers

It looks like is middling influence. It covers Maryland; Eastern, Western, Middle Districts of North Carolina; District of S. Carolina (Nikki Haley); Eastern, Western Districts of Virginia; Northern, Southern Districts of West Virginia. Because it does not include Northern District of Virginia I would predict it is not in the top tiers of influence.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Make America Sane Again

Trey Gowdy's retirement coincides with a vacancy on the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals, so we may not be completely rid of him yet.

For what it’s worth:

(Source)

White House counsel Don McGahn in recent weeks broached Gowdy, a former federal prosecutor, about filling a slot on the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals — a newly vacated judgeship that Gowdy has eyed before, according to sources close to Gowdy. His fellow Palmetto State Republicans, Scott and Sen. Lindsey Graham, also urged him to accept the post.

But Gowdy, who's long complained about the increasingly toxic nature of politics, turned down the position, the sources said.

“There is more civility in a death penalty case than there is in some congressional hearings,” Gowdy, who has won seven death penalty

it's coming.

For what it’s worth:

(Source)

White House counsel Don McGahn in recent weeks broached Gowdy, a former federal prosecutor, about filling a slot on the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals — a newly vacated judgeship that Gowdy has eyed before, according to sources close to Gowdy. His fellow Palmetto State Republicans, Scott and Sen. Lindsey Graham, also urged him to accept the post.

But Gowdy, who's long complained about the increasingly toxic nature of politics, turned down the position, the sources said.

“There is more civility in a death penalty case than there is in some congressional hearings,” Gowdy, who has won seven death penalty

Thanks for the link. The article seemed a bit contradictory. On one hand, Gowdy says, "I enjoy our justice system more than our political system" and has eyed the position on the 4th Circuit in the past, yet he reportedly has turned down the position. I know that Gowdy is particularly close to Tim Scott, who has encouraged him to accept the seat. For now, it sounds like Gowdy is heading to the private sector, where he'll make a lot more money. But I wouldn't exactly keel over with shock if he ended up taking the 4th Circuit slot.

My ignore list:  marylander1940, MiamiLooker, stevenkesslar