It's NOT Just for Seniors

jjkrkwood
This topic is 2273 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Years ago I went to a potluck work party. I had a jello cookbook and made some desserts-no it wasn’t a jello mold. Now this party was about 20 years ago. I’m positive I had tasted it before I brought it. I wouldn’t have wanted to bring something that I didn’t like, and I’m sure I thought it tasted good. My recollection is it was certainly something I would have eaten if offered. But to my best remembrance, the guests-there were about 10 to 12-stayed away from it like the plague. A now former friend (the former had nothing to do with the party) told me it wasn’t very good. But I don’t even remember him tasting it.

Gman

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soupy_Sales

He had a children's show. JELL-O was a sponsor. He would take the letters of JELL-O and make them into a stick figure of a person.

I was joking. But I’m sure many youngsters on the Forum have no idea who he was. His show went off when I was 5, and I’m not sure if I ever actually saw it. But I think he was the voice actor on one of my storybook-record combos (everyone remember them?), and I used to see him on talk shows.

Gman

I miss Jell-O 1-2-3.

Was that the shit you whipped, and it separated into different layers? Man, the chemicals that had to be in that shit

I had forgotten about it. I also just read that they don’t make Pudding Pops anymore.

For all the Jello Aficionados out there I’m sorry to have to remind them that even though Jello says it’s Kosher, it’s not.

Gman

Years ago I went to a potluck work party. I had a jello cookbook and made some desserts-no it wasn’t a jello mold. Now this party was about 20 years ago. I’m positive I had tasted it before I brought it. I wouldn’t have wanted to bring something that I didn’t like, and I’m sure I thought it tasted good. My recollection is it was certainly something I would have eaten if offered. But to my best remembrance, the guests-there were about 10 to 12-stayed away from it like the plague. A now former friend (the former had nothing to do with the party) told me it wasn’t very good. But I don’t even remember him tasting it.

Gman

Looks often don't equate with taste. My mother made Apple Brown Betty to bring to a Cub Scout banquet, and I was in line behind some guys who skipped it, I overheard them commenting it looked like poop. It did, kind of, but their loss. Early on in my cooking experience, I did not have the knack of making things look good, but they tasted good. My Fried Chocolate Cream looked like axle grease & bearings, but damn it was tasty.