Support Peacock Not Allowed On Flight

Gar1eth
Message added by RadioRob,

Please remember to keep politics out of this topic.  Failure to do so will result in post removal and warnings being issued.  

This topic is 1099 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Dogs and cats? I can see them as support animals. They can legitimately form a bond with their owners. Peacocks? Highly doubtful. How the f$&@ do you even get to that point that you think a peacock could serve as a support animal? At this point I’m just waiting for someone to claim an alligator could provide support.

Dogs and cats? I can see them as support animals. They can legitimately form a bond with their owners. Peacocks? Highly doubtful. How the f$&@ do you even get to that point that you think a peacock could serve as a support animal? At this point I’m just waiting for someone to claim an alligator could provide support.

I think it’s an interesting statement about the way we watch out for and take care of each other and support each other that - with nearly 7 billion people on the planet - we need support peacocks. Or dogs. Or lions. Or whatever.

I’m not knocking the support that animals (pets or support or guide) can provide, and there are times for me that I feel sad or lost or alone and an animal’s love and company would be wonderful. I still have to wonder what made this woman’s life so difficult that the idea of getting on a plane without her animal would be unbearable, or undoable.

They prefer animals so they can’t understand whatever it is saying back to them. Even if it’s saying “I’m so done with your BS. Get a life.” To the human it’s nothing. It hurts more coming from another person.

• 1 month later...
At this point I’m just waiting for someone to claim an alligator could provide support.

A Pennsylvania man says his emotional support alligator helps him deal with his depression.

Joie Henney, 65, said his registered emotional support animal named Wally likes to snuggle and give hugs, despite being a 5-foot-long alligator.

The York Haven man said he received approval from his doctor to use Wally as his emotional support animal after not wanting to go on medication for depression, he told Philly.com.

“I had Wally and when I came home and was around him, it was all OK,” he said. “My doctor knew about Wally and figured it works, so why not?”

Wally was rescued from outside Orlando at 14 months old and is still growing; Henney said Wally could be 16 feet long one day. Henney says Wally eats chicken wings and shares an indoor plastic pond with a smaller rescue alligator named Scrappy.

Wally, who turns 4 this year, is a big teddy bear, in Henney’s words. The cold-blooded reptile likes to rest his snout on Henney’s and “he likes to give hugs,” he said.

The alligator has never bitten anyone and is even afraid of cats, according to Henney.

Henney acknowledged that Wally is still a dangerous wild animal and could probably tear his arm off, but says he’s never been afraid of him.

But the 65-year-old’s background also indicates a comfort with creatures like Wally. He hosted a show called “Joie Henney’s Outdoors” on ESPN Outdoors from 1989 to 2000,according to the York Daily Record.

Henney frequently takes Wally out for meet-and-greets at places like senior centers and minor-league baseball games.

“He’s just like a dog,” Henney told a woman at a recent outing to a senior center.

“He wants to be loved and petted.”

joie-henney-alligator-485.jpg

joie-henney-alligator-484-1.jpg

joie-henney-alligator-488.jpg

Edited by samhexum

Cats don't form bonds like dogs do. They form "levels of tolerance", which when a human mistakes for true loyalty/love is for the cat just "well whatever gets me through the day and floats their boat".

That is not entirely true. There are several breeds of cat that form bonds with one or more of their people. Examples include Scottish Fold, Russian Blue, and Korat.