Vicious Games

actor61
This topic is 2249 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I enjoy playing cards online, especially Hearts but due to the aggressively belligerent attitudes of many of the players, I think I'm going to give up playing. The vicious remarks and horrifying language used in the chat boxes that accompany the games are really demoralizing and discouraging and disheartening and sickening. I once shot the moon but still lost by one point and one of the players typed, "Typical. N.....s can't count." When I have succeeded in hitting somebody with the Queen, I've been called a cunt, a faggot, an asshole, a douche bag, and accused of fucking my mother or watching one of the players fuck my mother or selling my mother to ISIS as a sex slave. I've also been told to suck dick, eat shit, fuck off, and to finger myself.

Enough. I think I'll just watch movies instead or play solitaire. People are often just disgusting when they're anonymous.

I am also a sensitive person, and I can relate to your disappointment. It can be hard to shake off such mindless and cruel barbs, but if you consider the source(s), it may be easier. I've noticed a decided turn toward insensitivity in all quarters of our society, which I attribute to the insensitivity and cruelty that spews endlessly from our national leadership. I'm certain that if you keep looking you will find compatible online card-players. :)