River cruise (or similar)

SundayZip
This topic is 1761 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I’m looking to bring someone along on this river cruise with me.

https://www.amawaterways.com/amamagna/melodies-of-the-danube

From the website:

“Journey along the Danube and see firsthand why this storied river has inspired generations of artists, poets and musicians...

Very entrepreneurial of you to do this, I hope it works!

Thanks! I’m going to take my cousin with me if I can’t find someone to make this a working vacation, so it’ll be all good in the end.

A towering runaway cruise ship rammed into a sightseeing boat on a Venice canal Sunday morning — just days after a similar crash left 28 feared dead in Hungary.

Video shows the luxury MSC Opera unable to stop and repeatedly blaring its horn as it hits the much-smaller River Countess, eventually pushing it into the dock despite the efforts of towboats to stop it.

Four female tourists were injured on the sightseeing boat that had 110 passengers, officials said.

MSC Cruises blamed a mechanical problem on its ship, which can carry over 2,675 passengers in 1,071 cabins, as it tried to dock in the Giudecca Canal.

Italian officials immediately called for all such cruise ships to be banned from using the major thoroughfare that leads to Saint Mark’s Square

“Today’s accident in the port of Venice proves that cruise ships shouldn’t be allowed to pass down the Giudecca anymore,” insisted Italy’s transport minister, Danilo Toninelli.

“After many years of inertia, we are finally close to a solution to protect both the lagoon and tourism.”

The accident came just three days after a tour boat carrying 33 South Korean tourists sunk in Hungary after getting hit by a ship on the Danube River.

Seven were pronounced dead and 21 are still missing, although authorities have admitted it seems unlikely more survivors will be found, with high water levels stumping rescue operations.

Hungarian police launched a criminal investigation and confirmed that the captain of the cruise ship, a 64-year-old named Yuriy C., had been detained and questioned.

venice-canal-italy-boat-crash.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On an ocean cruise now. Docked in Bordeaux and just walked off into town. Very easy.

The Cruise Director has a profile on Grinder and Scruff. Advertising 23CM:). Every time he makes an announcement over the PA system, we start laughing because he sounds like a gay chorus boy.

The person I am traveling with has a profile on Grinder and the cruise director initiated contact with him with the short message: “pics?” My travel partner has a face picture so we assume he wants a nude shot.

We have not met him.

Second time I’ve had an out gay cruise director. Other time he was going to come to our room at night but did not show and said he could get fired if caught.