Kauai HI for a week

gallahadesquire
This topic is 2278 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Waimea Canyon is one of the most gorgeous spots on the planet, nicknamed the Grand Canyon of the Pacific (insert bottoming joke here). Absolutely check it out, and stop by JoJo's shave ice on the way. We rented a condo with a washer / dryer and were glad we did as this is (or at least can be) a more active / muddy vacation than on the other islands: dune buggies, horses, hikes, catamarans, etc. And as cheesy as it sounds, the luau was actually a lot of fun, including cheap booze and hula demonstration. Gay life is pretty non-existent so I'm glad you're bringing your own.

Kevin Slater

There's a great little swimming hole on the North Shore, called the Queens Bath. We always stay at the same place, the Kiahuna Plantation in Poipu.

There isn't a lot to do at night.

I really loved snorkeling. You get in the water and you're surrounded by all these beautiful fish bumping you with their little noses, asking to be fed.

Definitely do the Blue Hawaiian helicopter flight. The best thing we've ever done on any vacation. You can purchase a DVD of your particular flight afterward. I will never forget flying between two rainbows. Breathtakingly beautiful!

I was there a few months ago and the Blue Hawaiian flight was outstanding. We’d been around most of the island by car and seeing it from the air (many parts of which are otherwise inaccessible) was the outstanding part of our visit. We’re glad we spent the extra $$$$

Waimea Canyon

Grit your teeth and empty your wallet and do a helicopter flight. Some even land at the waterfall made famous in Jurassic Park. If you’re really brave do a flight without doors on the helicopter which makes for better photos. No reflections from the glass. It’s the only way to appreciate the dramatic scenery.

The canyon and the helicopter tour are extraordinary.

http://dlnr.hawaii.gov/dsp/

If you're lucky you may see a dragon.

Really enjoyed Hanalei Bay. Took a cruise out of Hanalei along the north and West Coast. Impressive vista of majestic mountains. The Canyon is awesome but helicopter ride can’t be beat. As cited above, there is a lot to see. And let’s face it, chilling on the beaches is also a great way to enjoy the island.