HBO's Here and Now

LoveNDino
This topic is 2262 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RBmont-real

I will def follow this new show. Clever writing. This will sound picky but I wonder if HH can actually pronounce an s ... it often sounds like sh if the beginning of a word, and I get the impression this is an affectation. I am not a speech pathologist; perhaps it is involuntary.

I will def follow this new show. Clever writing. This will sound picky but I wonder if HH can actually pronounce an s ... it often sounds like sh if the beginning of a word, and I get the impression this is an affectation. I am not a speech pathologist; perhaps it is involuntary.

I'm not entirely sure but she pretty much has sounded the same way in everything that I have seen her in. In a way, there would be no reason to have this particular affectation for the character in this show. However, it would be interesting and look at the various works she has done (she has been around a long time) and see if the affectation was the same. Believe it or not, I just saw The Big Sick and I thought she sounded pretty much the same way.