Happy Birthday to Mike Carey

azdr0710
This topic is 2248 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone for the wonderful wishes. I had a lovely day, and a nice bottle of red in the evening. Successfully renewed my driver's licence for another five years. I can still read the eye chart, Yay!

Let's see ... it's nine hours behind ... TOMORROW ... so

Actually eight hours at the moment (daylight saving time, we're GMT +11), and that's exactly how I calculate it too, 16 hours ahead (or behind when I'm calculating the other way) is too hard to work out.

And, @Keith30309, no they wouldn't do that. (Actually if the Coriolis effect worked on them they would flush clockwise here and anticlockwise in the northern hemisphere, but I digress.) Australian toilets are designed differently and they don't form a vortex when they are flushed, the water just goes straight down.

Happy belated birthday, friend! You've been so kind since I began posting, I'm very grateful to you.

Thank you so much. Frankly, I'm stunned that you should say this. I have done nothing more than compliment you on the sensitive way you have posted your story and in doing so enchanted so many of us. That said, I very much appreciate your kind comments.

Thank you so much. Frankly, I'm stunned that you should say this. I have done nothing more than compliment you on the sensitive way you have posted your story and in doing so enchanted so many of us. That said, I very much appreciate your kind comments.

You've done more than you know, reacting to my saga so positively. When I started to post about the changes in my life, I worried that no one here would be interested, maybe some would be scornful. You and others encouraged me to continue, and that turned out to be enormously helpful to me, even therapeutic, as sharing has been a step in my progress. So again, thank you!