Today's Briefing-Andrew McCabe Resignation

Awwshuck

This topic is 1283 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The president thanks Deputy Director McCabe for years of dedicated service to the FBI and the broader law enforcement community. Although he is saddened by the loss of a dedicated servant, the president understands the difficulty of Mr. McCabe's job at a time when the president's critics have politicized the FBI and the Mueller investigation.

“Who you gonna believe, me or your own eyes?”

-The Marx Brothers

The president thanks Deputy Director McCabe for years of dedicated service to the FBI and the broader law enforcement community. Although he is saddened by the loss of a dedicated servant, the president understands the difficulty of Mr. McCabe's job at a time when the president's critics have politicized the FBI and the Mueller investigation.

OH LOOK, it's Trump "twisting" McCabes arm !!!

Clearly, Mr. McCabe is leaving by choice. Fake news that the president threw his considerable weight around to influence Mr. McCabe is wholly without merit as reported.

Edited by Awwshuck

“Who you gonna believe, me or your own eyes?”

-The Marx Brothers

Clearly, Mr. McCabe is leaving by choice. Fake news that the president threw his considerable weight around to influence Mr. McCabe are wholly without merit as reported.

Well he will soon be a private citizen, and he will be able to testify. I'm sure he would be more than happy to say whether or not he was forced out....My money is on "forced out"

the greatest beauty is

Organic wholeness, the wholeness of life and things,

the divine beauty of the universe.

Love that, not man apart from that,

or else you will share man’s pitiful confusions,

or drown in despair when his days darken."

- Robinson Jeffers

B e l i e v e

So the fireworks display on the South Lawn today was for a different reason?

JANUARY 06, 2021 THE MOST VIOLENT DAY IN THE HISTORY OF THE US CAPITOL BUILDING, WASHINGTON DC.

• 2 months later...

@Awwshuck Any updates on this information? Is the this the president fighting back?

Andrew McCabe, the FBI official who became a target for President Trump, now faces the possibility of criminal charges — the latest fallout from an internal watchdog report that found he lied to investigators.

The findings of that report, by the inspector general of the Justice Department, were referred to the U.S. Attorney's Office in Washington within the last few weeks, according to a statement from a McCabe lawyer on Thursday, following news accounts on the matter.

"Although we believe the referral is unjustified, the standard for an [inspector general] referral is very low," said the statement by lawyer Michael R. Bromwich. "We have already met with staff members from the U.S. Attorney's Office."

He added, "We are confident that, unless there is inappropriate pressure from high levels of the Administration, the U.S. Attorney's Office will conclude that it should decline to prosecute."

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-mccabe-referral-20180419-story.html

Liberal, born and raised in Maryland, proud member of pink pistols!

Ignore list: WilliamM