Is this one of the seven signs of senility?

purplekow
This topic is 2280 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I just spent 15 minutes following the beep after I heard my cell phone ring. Into the kitchen, out of the kitchen, in the bathroom, out of the bathroom. Back into the kitchen, into the living room and back to the kitchen, Where was that fucking phone. Fifteen minutes later, and after clearing up the mess on my kitchen counter trying to find the phone, I discovered the beep was coming from the microwave. Dinner was reheated. Hmmm, I still have not found the phone but I dare not call it and start the chase all over again.

My gripe is the starts and stops I make because so many telephone and doorbell rings on television sound exactly like my own. :mad:

I've noticed that NPR has recorded a slightly different version of the Morning Edition music, and there's a bit in the background that sounds exactly like the default iPhone ringer. (Or maybe it's always been there and I just noticed it recently...) Makes me check my phone every time.

I just spent 15 minutes following the beep after I heard my cell phone ring. Into the kitchen, out of the kitchen, in the bathroom, out of the bathroom. Back into the kitchen, into the living room and back to the kitchen, Where was that fucking phone. Fifteen minutes later, and after clearing up the mess on my kitchen counter trying to find the phone, I discovered the beep was coming from the microwave. Dinner was reheated. Hmmm, I still have not found the phone but I dare not call it and start the chase all over again.

Not to worry. For a few years now, I've been walking into rooms in my house, only to stop and try and figure out why I went in there. Sometimes takes me a couple times back into the room to remember.