Ricky Martin...please...say it ain't true!

Snbrd
This topic is 2256 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am watching the FX show, American Crime Story about the Versace Murder. Mixed reviews can't keep me from such a story especially if Ricky Martin is in it. He looks hot as hell as ever, however, I can't help but wonder if he's wearing a hair piece. Is he?

No matter what, he is still one of my absolute favorites, so gorgeous! I particularly loved him when he had long hair.

I am not sure if Penelope Cruz was the right choice for Donatella....but she was a surprise

Major problem when Penelope Cruz's character is receiving so much air time. Another actress might have been able to bring much more to

Donatella. Cruz acting is one note boring.

Darren acts well and looks amazing. He is even better looking than he was on Glee. It might be styling or it might just be the extra few years, but whatever it is, I like it. A lot. :p

For a young male Hollywood star, I was quite surprised how undeveloped his body was. Lean, but no tone or definition. Perhaps he was asked to lose a lot of weight to portray this character ? He appeared more "buff" on Glee.

For a young male Hollywood star, I was quite surprised how undeveloped his body was. Lean, but no tone or definition. Perhaps he was asked to lose a lot of weight to portray this character ? He appeared more "buff" on Glee.

That's true. He could definitely hit the gym, but that face. Amazing!

Darren acts well and looks amazing. He is even better looking than he was on Glee. It might be styling or it might just be the extra few years, but whatever it is, I like it

Darren Criss was quite good as a replacement Hedwig on Broadway. The performance I saw was nearly sold out.

Major problem when Penelope Cruz's character is receiving so much air time. Another actress might have been able to bring much more to

Donatella. Cruz acting is one note boring.

She's too attractive/normal to play Donatella.

http://dazedimg.dazedgroup.netdna-cdn.com/786/azure/dazed-prod/1210/1/1211457.jpg

Penelope-Cruz.jpg

Thanks for your observation jjkrkwood that the hairpiece is probably to put his character in the period. I can more easily love Rick a bald Ricky Martin than one with a hairpiece. Doesn't he look amazing in that FX promo pic edjames posted?

Agree with everyone that P Cruz is NOT nailing the part. She's supposed to be Italian. This isn't an Almadovar character.

Still a great guilty pleasure.

• 2 weeks later...

My recollection from reports at the time was that Andrew Cunanan's body had been going to seed, and this had been upsetting to him. So perhaps they had Darren Criss get in shape/out of shape accordingly. But I sure wouldn't kick him out of bed (Criss that is, not Cunanan!).

Just watched the third episode, and really enjoyed Judith Light's performance. I have no idea if her depiction is faithful to the original Mrs. Miglin but she sure was entertaining!