DishTV

Avalon
This topic is 2280 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have had DishTV since last century. Currently I pay $155 per month but got a letter saying it will be increasing $5.

I have most channels. I have local stations and all the movie channels - Showtime, HBO etc.. No sports packages.

I don't have the Hopper, dvr, can't record anything.

I can't watch it online; I was told I'd need a different box and it would cost $10 more per month.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have Hulu, CBS All Access, Netfix. I watch more more tv shows online than I do on the tv set. I go days without turning the tv set on.

On the tv set now I watch "Victoria" on PBS and "Vikings" and "Knightfall" on the History Channel.

I do have Showtime with my Hulu. All I watch is "Shameless". The reason I haven't dropped Showtime from DishTV was because I was told the entire movie package is only $30.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I think $160 is way too much for DishTV!

That's about what I was paying for basic cable and interwebz in 2010. Back then I thought that was too much. After moving we cut the cable cord. There were 4 or 5 cable channels we watched regularly but we noticed quality was going way down. We just do interwebz and the streaming option for Netflix and are as happy as two peas in a pod.

Hugs,

Greg

I have had DishTV since last century. Currently I pay $155 per month but got a letter saying it will be increasing $5.

I have most channels. I have local stations and all the movie channels - Showtime, HBO etc.. No sports packages.

I don't have the Hopper, dvr, can't record anything.

I can't watch it online; I was told I'd need a different box and it would cost $10 more per month.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have Hulu, CBS All Access, Netfix. I watch more more tv shows online than I do on the tv set. I go days without turning the tv set on.

On the tv set now I watch "Victoria" on PBS and "Vikings" and "Knightfall" on the History Channel.

I do have Showtime with my Hulu. All I watch is "Shameless". The reason I haven't dropped Showtime from DishTV was because I was told the entire movie package is only $30.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I think $160 is way too much for DishTV!

But you’re a TV junkie...you’ll need all,the channels

I hate TV, but love Amazon Prime and Netflix and others. I don’t have a TV at my summer house, but at my main residence you have to get TV and landline service bundled with high-speed internet. I wish I could just sign up for internet only, but google fiber hasn’t come to my neighborhood yet. What have others done?

I hate TV, but love Amazon Prime and Netflix and others. I don’t have a TV at my summer house, but at my main residence you have to get TV and landline service bundled with high-speed internet. I wish I could just sign up for internet only, but google fiber hasn’t come to my neighborhood yet. What have others done?

Often bundling ends up being cheaper than buying services separately. I do, and they even gave me a landline, which I never use, but it still saved money. Regarding your summer residence, depending on the carrier, we have "stop-n-start" service. You pay only for the months/weeks/ days you are there. They will turn it on when you arrive and off when you leave. During the months we are gone, there is a $10 maintenance fee to keep the account open, but it saves paying for services on an empty household.

I have tried Amazon Prime twice but quit almost immediately. Recently I watched the first season of "Versailles" on Netflix; they did not carry season two. I saw that Amazon Prime carried season two so I signed up. But to my dismay in addition to the sign-up fee they also charged extra for season two. So I quit.