"Tne Iceman Cometh" Denzel Washington

WilliamM
This topic is 2272 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

New York, NY - Producer Scott Rudin today announced the complete company of actors joining two-time Academy Award® and Tony Award® winner Denzel Washington in Eugene O'Neill's The Iceman Cometh, directed by five-time Tony Award winner George C. Wolfe.

In addition to Washington, the company, which begins rehearsals Monday, features Colm Meaney, David Morse, Bill Irwin, Tammy Blanchard, Carolyn Braver, Austin Butler, Joe Forbrich, Nina Grollman, Thomas Michael Hammond, Neal Huff, Danny Mastrogiorgio, Dakin Matthews, Jack McGee, Clark Middleton, Michael Potts, Reg Rogers, and Frank Wood.

Somewhat frustrating after the excellentBrooklyn Academy of Music (BAM) production a few years ago with Brian Dennehy and Nathan Lane

Edited by WilliamM

Tammy Blanchard is a powerhouse. Good to see her in this.

Otherwise, I'm not all that jazzed about Washington outside of film. His stage appearances have been pretty uninspired in my experiences, but there's no doubt that Rudin will have total sell-outs with this starry casting.

Iceman is basically now the Gypsy of plays: Revived every couple years with a new 'name' inserted into the now-famous 45 minute monologue. FWIW, Kevin Spacey gave the most brilliant performance in this show out of any other actor I've seen tackle it. He was electric.