Big Little Lies Season 2

LoveNDino
This topic is 1430 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Something To look Forward To....

Meryl Streep Is Joining the Cast of Big Little Lies Season Two

By Maria Elena Fernandez

23-meryl-streep-1.w710.h473.jpg

Emmy winner Alexander Skarsgård has been staying vague about a possible return to Big Little Lies, but we know who will play Perry’s mama: Meryl Streep.

HBO has announced that the three-time Oscar winner will be joining the show in season two as Mary Louis Wright. According to the casting breakdown, “concerned for the well-being of her grandchildren following her son Perry’s death, Mary Louise arrives in Monterey searching for answers.” No word on how much she’ll figure into the new season, but expect a lot of Emmy-worthy standoffs between Celeste (Nicole Kidman) and her mother-in-law.

HBO announced last month that the seven-episode second season will be directed by Andrea Arnold (Transparent, I Love Dick) and written entirely again by David E. Kelley, based on a story by Liane Moriarty. Kidman and Reese Witherspoon are resuming their dual roles as stars of the show and executive producers.

In addition to Streep, producers are also casting for Celeste’s nanny and the mayor of Monterey, according to a casting breakdown obtained by Vulture.

Edited by LoveNDino

• 1 year later...
Something To look Forward To....

Meryl Streep Is Joining the Cast of Big Little Lies Season Two

By Maria Elena Fernandez

23-meryl-streep-1.w710.h473.jpg

Emmy winner Alexander Skarsgård has been staying vague about a possible return to Big Little Lies, but we know who will play Perry’s mama: Meryl Streep.

HBO has announced that the three-time Oscar winner will be joining the show in season two as Mary Louis Wright. According to the casting breakdown, “concerned for the well-being of her grandchildren following her son Perry’s death, Mary Louise arrives in Monterey searching for answers.” No word on how much she’ll figure into the new season, but expect a lot of Emmy-worthy standoffs between Celeste (Nicole Kidman) and her mother-in-law.

HBO announced last month that the seven-episode second season will be directed by Andrea Arnold (Transparent, I Love Dick) and written entirely again by David E. Kelley, based on a story by Liane Moriarty. Kidman and Reese Witherspoon are resuming their dual roles as stars of the show and executive producers.

In addition to Streep, producers are also casting for Celeste’s nanny and the mayor of Monterey, according to a casting breakdown obtained by Vulture.

Enjoyed Streep S3 Epi1. Pretty clever.

Threw in a touch of Sufjan Steven's during one segue.

Love this show.

Less Spookys was a perfect lead in show. I'd watch more of that.

What is the deal with the energy between Ed and Nathan? An internet theory is Ed will end up killing Nathan. Doubt it.

Starting to wonder if their arc is headed towards a night of passion. Otherwise what is the point to their squabbles, if not for Ed to submit to a hard fuck by his persistant antagonist?

Adam Scott as Ed

What is the deal with the energy between Ed and Nathan? An internet theory is Ed will end up killing Nathan. Doubt it.

Starting to wonder if their arc is headed towards a night of passion. Otherwise what is the point to their squabbles, if not for Ed to submit to a hard fuck by his persistant antagonist?

Adam Scott as Ed

I think that Ed has always felt slightly deficient about a lot of things and this has not been helped by having the Reese W. character as his wife. What is revealed in the first episode of Season 2 certainly does not help his insecurities. I think a lot of husbands whose current wife have a past husband rolling about often feel that their place may not be as secure as they thought. I certainly do not blame him. Forgiving and forgetting is hard. And perhaps he takes this out on Nathan more than he should. I doubt that it will go as far Ed killing Nathan. I think that Nathan does not really understand the hostility because he doesn't know the entire history of the Ed-Reese relationship.

I have to agree that Meryl continues to be wonderful in her dastardly role. As was already said, no wonder Perry found violence to be so stimulating. Well, actually all the actors are great.

Meryl Streep has been pretty amazing. I don't know if those are her natural teeth or if they gave her something to give her a slight overbite. It gives her a slightly evil, conniving edge. Nicole Kidman has been great also. I have never really liked her as an actress. I am not sure why. However, the last few years I have begun to see how really good she is.

Meryl Streep has been pretty amazing. I don't know if those are her natural teeth or if they gave her something to give her a slight overbite. It gives her a slightly evil, conniving edge. Nicole Kidman has been great also. I have never really liked her as an actress. I am not sure why. However, the last few years I have begun to see how really good she is.

Meryl's part is just such a juicy role, and of course she nails every moment and then some. As far as this season goes, they're all good but Laura Dern for whatever reason really stands out to me. Nicole was so good in season one, that while she's great I find it will be hard for her to outshine her own work from the previous season. But I'm with you @TruthBTold I wasn't a big fan of her initially but she's turned me around a while back with "The Hours" and some other great roles.

Meryl's part is just such a juicy role, and of course she nails every moment and then some. As far as this season goes, they're all good but Laura Dern for whatever reason really stands out to me. Nicole was so good in season one, that while she's great I find it will be hard for her to outshine her own work from the previous season. But I'm with you @TruthBTold I wasn't a big fan of her initially but she's turned me around a while back with "The Hours" and some other great roles.

That's funny, I never am surprised by Dern's work. I have been a fan of hers for a long time and have felt that she gets overlooked sometimes, e.g., Enlightened. She plays a supporting role in one of my favorite movies, Happy Endings, by Don Roos.

• 2 weeks later...

I was less impressed with Epi 7 and decided that a season limited to seven episodes put some constraints on bringing the story arcs to a stopping point. It just seemed a little clunky to me, although the Hollywood drama was all there so perhaps the audience was satisfied. Was anyone expecting that last scene? For me it was 'what'?

It appears Nathan is now free, so my theory about him and Ed is still viable. Remember next season that you heard it here on Message Forum. I hope it's done with care and empathy for Nathan and I expect Ed is the type of guy that has the tact to respond effectively, in whatever direction his penis takes him. :cool:

If the ending signified that the mystery for any one other than the 5 women is over because the one woman is going to plead I guess Meryl may make an exit. Of course, the other women may have some charges open because it APPEARS that they have been lying to the police department. All I have to say is that the guy who plays the youngest of the 5 women's boyfriend is C - U - T - E. He is the one who loves surfing.

If the ending signified that the mystery for any one other than the 5 women is over because the one woman is going to plead I guess Meryl may make an exit. Of course, the other women may have some charges open because it APPEARS that they have been lying to the police department. All I have to say is that the guy who plays the youngest of the 5 women's boyfriend is C - U - T - E. He is the one who loves surfing.

Corey is definitely sweet. His innocence is so appealing.

That last scene ruined the whole season 2 for me. They had a perfect gem in season 1 which they should have left well alone. How could such a smart creative team end the series with some bullshit 1950's moralistic crap - felt like one big "all that for that"!

Laura Dern was great but the tone of her story line did not fit the rest of the show - she was almost camp while the rest was serious. Also not sure what the story line of Zoe Kravitz' mom's stroke brought to the story, was useless, her stroke was what really propelled her storyline. Meryl Streep was great as usual and Nicole Kidman is beginning to look like an implant from another planet.

• 9 months later...