Green-card holder Polish Doctor detained by ICE because of 2 1992 misdemeanors

marylander1940

This topic is 1365 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Green-card holder Polish Doctor detained by ICE because of 2 1992 misdemeanors

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/01/22/ice-detains-a-polish-doctor-and-green-card-holder-who-has-lived-in-the-u-s-for-nearly-40-years/?utm_term=.1c585faec3df

The doctor, Lukasz Niec, is a green card holder who has a was reportedly convicted of two misdemeanors in 1992: malicious destruction of property under $100; and receiving and concealing stolen property over $100. His second conviction was later expunged from his record.

https://www.snopes.com/ice-detain-michigan-doctor-40-years-u-s/

Liberal, born and raised in Maryland, proud member of pink pistols!

Ignore list: WilliamM

Poor guy, I hope he's eventually allowed to stay. Deport violent criminals, not guys who made dumb shit mistakes that we all make when we're teenagers.

Also, he was here legally. Completely retarded policy to go after legal permanent residents like him. Obama did this too btw...

He doesn't sound like a zły człowiek (bad hombre in Polish) besides he's a Dr... I know for the deplorables scientists and everybody with a college degree are evil till proven the opposite, but c'mon in a country going bankrupt because of obesity and diabetes (among other self inflicted wounds) aren't Doctors useful/necessary?

Edited by marylander1940

He doesn't sound like a zły człowiek (bad hombre in Polish) besides he's a Dr... I know for the deplorables scientist and everybody with a college degree is evil till proven the opposite, but c'mon in a country going bankrupt because of obesity and diabetes among other choices the guy is a Doctor, isn't he useful?

Immigration bureaucracies are the same the world over. We had a German doctor, who was working in a rural practice (difficult to fill) but he had an autistic child. The Immigration Department was going to deny them visae because 'cost to the health system'. There was an outcry, in large part from the country town where he was the doctor and the Minister allowed them to stay. (Obviously not a minor crime issue, but still a minor issue that breached the rules.)

Immigration bureaucracies are the same the world over. We had a German doctor, who was working in a rural practice (difficult to fill) but he had an autistic child. The Immigration Department was going to deny them visae because 'cost to the health system'. There was an outcry, in large part from the country town where he was the doctor and the Minister allowed them to stay. (Obviously not a minor crime issue, but still a minor issue that breached the rules.)

I'm glad you guys in Australia have a way to question the rules. Under this regime we can't do that or that would be unpatriotic and un-American, except when it comes to asking Russia for help or defending Putin's actions obviously... :confused:

I'm glad you guys in Australia have a way to question the rules. Under this regime we can't do that or that would be unpatriotic and un-American, except when it comes to asking Russia for help or defending Putin's actions obviously

The rules aren't easily questioned, but this was an enraged rural community, and this is a smaller country. It helped that a doctor is a vital community asset whereas a restaurateur (as was one case in the US) is not.

The rules aren't easily questioned, but this was an enraged rural community, and this is a smaller country. It helped that a doctor is a vital community asset whereas a restaurateur (as was one case in the US) is not.

Exactly, that's a huge difference! (I assume you were remembering this other case)

https://www.m4m-forum.org/threads/i-stand-with-carlos-trump-town-rallies-behind-a-restaurant-manager-arrested-by-the-ins.122071/

Edited by marylander1940