"Call Me by Your Name" amazing film.

othermanc
This topic is 2280 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• I saw the movie “Call Me By your Name” this weekend and I can’t get it out of my thoughts. The portrayal of a naturally evolving love between the two men is so beautifully done that anyone one can feel the magic. No matter what your gender or preference; gay, bi or hetero, everyone can rejoice in the beauty of the love this movie portrays, thanks to the amazing acting of Timothée Chalamet and Armie Hammer. After watching many interviews by these two incredible (straight) actors it became clear how they were able to pull off this portrayal of a relationship like they do so convincingly: they became really good friends and companions as they prepared for the filming. Watching them together you can see the male bonding that happens when two guys really like each other, as they obviously do. Be ready to have every intense emotion you’ve ever experienced obsess you. (It turns out that this wonderful love between a 24 year old man and 17 year old boy cannot become their reality beyond six weeks of a beautiful summer in Italy.) I won’t spoil it by giving away too many details about the movie but it contains much joy and much heartbreak as we can experience in real life. It’s a must see film. I’m going to get the novel since most film critics have stated the film remains very faithful to the book.

I agree. Saw it 4 days ago, and I am still obsessed with it. When I think about it or watch youtube clips or even listen to the Mystery of Love or Visions of Gideon, I weep. I don't think a movie has touched me so profoundly. It also has a profound message not to let life pass you by - to open yourself up, to take risks, to not squander your days. Probably the most beautiful love story I've ever seen portrayed on screen. I also have the novel but haven't read it yet. I'm glad it got 4 Oscar nominations this morning. It deserved so many more. It was robbed in directing, cinematography, and supporting actor. Both Armie Hammer and Michael Stuhlbarg deserved nominations. If Timothee Chalamet doesn't win for Actor, the Oscars have no relevance anymore.

Just FYI:

You may want to post any future thoughts you may have about this most excellent film on the already lengthy discussion in progress for quite a while here at: https://www.companyofmen.org/threads/call-me-by-your-name.124682/

There's really no sense in having two separate threads, even when the film is as wonderful as Call Me By Your Name!

TruHart1 :cool: