The Schumer Shutdown Ends

RockyMount

This topic is 1361 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm guessing that, despite the usual praise from the mainstream media, the polls weren't going in the Dem's favor.....HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. The Dems caved because their shut-down backfired and they did not want to pay the price for their stupidity in November. How humiliating!!! Chuck Schumer did a Cleavon Little move from Blazing Saddles holding a gun to his own head. Unfortunately for him, everyone said go ahead and shoot.......HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing that, despite the usual praise from the mainstream media, the polls weren't going in the Dem's favor.....HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. The Dems caved because their shut-down backfired and they did not want to pay the price for their stupidity in November. How humiliating!!! Chuck Schumer did a Cleavon Little move from Blazing Saddles holding a gun to his own head. Unfortunately for him, everyone said go ahead and shoot.......HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.
I believe the deal was for Turtliscious to bring up debate on immigration reform and that was the crux of the issue. I would not be laughing too heartily when supporting a political party with control of both houses of the legislature and the Presidency had to come hat in hand to keep the government working. Spin it as you will. trump has got next to nothing done legislatively even with majorities. His lack of political acumen and his near absence of personal charm will make it even more difficult for him when he tries to do anything after the midterms, which may not change the overall majorities, but the gaps will close.

Oh I should mention trump's big accomplishments during his first year. He kept himself out of jail. He stockpiled millions of dollars he does not need to return by accepting contributions to his re-election fund. He managed to lower the taxes on the extremely rich, though probably not his own taxes as he was already afraid to show his tax returns, so he probably was gaming the system before this. Oh, and he has probably grabbed some pussy along the way, but apparently not his wife's, judging by his lack of success in grabbing her hand. And then there is the whole congressional investigation business. My goodness, You are right, there is plenty to laugh about.

I have never seen a purplekow :)

I hope I never see one ;)

But I can tell you this and how I would rather see than be one :D

Help there is a purplekow in my mirror :eek:

I believe the deal was for Turtliscious to bring up debate on immigration reform and that was the crux of the issue. I would not be laughing too heartily when supporting a political party with control of both houses of the legislature and the Presidency had to come hat in hand to keep the government working. Spin it as you will. trump has got next to nothing done legislatively even with majorities. His lack of political acumen and his near absence of personal charm will make it even more difficult for him when he tries to do anything after the midterms, which may not change the overall majorities, but the gaps will close.

Oh I should mention trump's big accomplishments during his first year. He kept himself out of jail. He stockpiled millions of dollars he does not need to return by accepting contributions to his re-election fund. He managed to lower the taxes on the extremely rich, though probably not his own taxes as he was already afraid to show his tax returns, so he probably was gaming the system before this. Oh, and he has probably grabbed some pussy along the way, but apparently not his wife's, judging by his lack of success in grabbing her hand. And then there is the whole congressional investigation business. My goodness, You are right, there is plenty to laugh about.

Even though I am no Trump fan myself, the butthurt of Trump haters is a bottomless well of amusement *snort*

My ignore list:  marylander1940, MiamiLooker, stevenkesslar

Schumer et al. caved. Period.

No big surprise...shuttering the US Governemt....to help illegal immigrants....just doesn’t play well.

At least they realized their mistake quickly. Unfortunately they handed the Republicans a big win and

got little to nothing in return. It’s poor brinksmanship at best...crappy leadership skills at worst.

Did they even vote on a full budget or is this the same ole bull shit of kick the can down the street like they've been doing for ages. They must be getting their plays from the IL state *cough* leaders.

Hugs,

Greg

I think they just kicked the can down the road. The next game of chicken will be contested Feb 8.

My ignore list:  marylander1940, MiamiLooker, stevenkesslar

I'm guessing that, despite the usual praise from the mainstream media, the polls weren't going in the Dem's favor..

Per usual, the troll guesses wrong. The first two polls taken on who's responsible for the shutdown have the same answer: Republicans. :p

The latest poll: According to a new POLITICO/Morning Consult poll conducted Saturday and Sunday, a combined 48 percent of voters said Trump (34 percent) and Republicans in Congress (15 percent) were to blame for the shutdown — more than the 35 percent who said congressional Democrats bore most of the blame.

And a majority of voters, 53 percent, thought President Donald Trump hadn’t done enough to bring the parties together — compared to only 29 percent who thought Trump had done enough.

Per usual, the troll guesses wrong. The first two polls taken on who's responsible for the shutdown have the same answer: Republicans. :p

The latest poll: According to a new POLITICO/Morning Consult poll conducted Saturday and Sunday, a combined 48 percent of voters said Trump (34 percent) and Republicans in Congress (15 percent) were to blame for the shutdown — more than the 35 percent who said congressional Democrats bore most of the blame.

And a majority of voters, 53 percent, thought President Donald Trump hadn’t done enough to bring the parties together — compared to only 29 percent who thought Trump had done enough.

Who the fuck cares what the polls say. The proof is in the results, which are not good. Nothing beneficial was accomplished, and everyone saying "Not my fault" throws salt on the wound. Well, It's someone's Fucking Fault... OWN IT !

Yeah, keep analyzing those polls dweeb, like you did throughout 2015-2016. Your scrutiny was right on the money.......ROFLMAO!!!

Who the fuck cares what the polls say. The proof is in the results, which are not good. Nothing beneficial was accomplished, and everyone saying "Not my fault" throws salt on the wound. Well, It's someone's Fucking Fault... OWN IT !

Untwist your panties. This isn't about "caring." This is about the troll pushing alternative facts. Per usual.

Spineless Democrat behavior like this is nothing new lol. They basically get paid by their donors to be weak & to enable Republicans, has been that way for decades. That's why they need to be repealed & replaced with a new party that actually represents people & not just their billionaire donors.

I lost all hope in those cunts when they voted to continue violating our civil liberties with Republicans the other day. They cry about Trump being a Kremlin puppet, then vote to further expand his powers????? Yeah, OK. Not irrational behavior AT ALL! :eyeroll

Radical Independent

The Dem "cave" meme is a crock.

They took CHIP off the table; they got an agreement to hold a vote on DACA, and failing to honor that agreement will be bad for Rs. They also didn't fund the wall, and they didn't agree to any new restrictions on family-based immigration etc. And what they gave in return was three -- 3! -- weeks of funding. Why will their leverage be any less on Feb. 8th? This has all the markings of a tactical victory. If McConnell breaks his promise, if Trump vetoes the CR, that's all good news for the Dems.

Activist complaints are useful -- they will help keep spines stiff -- but let's be real. Rocky is a racist troll, Shill is a dim misogynist ("c*nt"? really? pig) and twisted panties are unattractive.

They basically get paid by their donors to be weak & to enable Republicans, has been that way for decades.

Depends on the number of decades: Roosevelt and Johnson were extremely adept at changing the U.S. domestically for the better especially concerning civil rights and social security/Medicaid.

Depends on the number of decades: Roosevelt and Johnson were extremely adept at changing the U.S. domestically for the better especially concerning civil rights and social security/Medicaid.

FDR & LBJ were strong activist leaders. I'm talking about the last 3-4 decades when Democrats decided to whore themselves out to rich donors & became enablers instead of leaders.

Radical Independent