Mindhunter

Moondance
This topic is 1686 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Last month, @poolboy48220 mentioned Mindhunter in a thread about shows worth binge watching on Netflix. I missed his suggestion at the time, but the show was subsequently recommended to me by a friend.

I don't see a separate thread on it, so this is to call more attention to it now that I've seen the entire 10-episode first season and can give it a thumbs-up.

Mindhunter is set in 1977 – the early days of the FBI beginning to use criminal psychology and develop methods of criminal profiling. The main characters are two FBI agents played by Jonathan Groff and Holt McCallany.

Thanks Moondance! My sister recommended this to me and once I started I binged this in two days. It's based on the book written by John Douglas, Jonathon Groff's character is based on him. Douglas was instrumental in the FBI's Behavioral Sciences Unit. The character of Jodie Foster's boss in Silence of the Lambs was based on Douglas.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My trainer just spoke to me about the show. Unfortunately I do not get Netflix. He said it was great and I will have to let him know that there is a second season planned. I am going to see if I can get it through Netflix disc which is where several of us non-tech people still get their dvds.

• 3 weeks later...
Binged season 2 - no announcement yet about a season 3. :(

Nothing official yet, but back when the show was just launching, David Fincher said he hoped to make five seasons of it:

https://screenrant.com/mindhunter-david-fincher-5-seasons/

Given that--along with the show's popularity, and the critical acclaim it's gotten--I'm guessing there will be more to come.