Notorious RBG

LoveNDino

This topic is 1371 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

You're welcome...

Starts a little past 30 minutes...so fast forward

Thank you...

That was amazing. She is a national treasure and a cornerstone of the court. "As long as I can do the job full steam, I will be here." God Bless her...

the greatest beauty is

Organic wholeness, the wholeness of life and things,

the divine beauty of the universe.

Love that, not man apart from that,

or else you will share man’s pitiful confusions,

or drown in despair when his days darken."

- Robinson Jeffers

B e l i e v e

Boy, does it make me feel old. I remember when McKinnon's book was published. I think it was because a female friend of mine had gone to school were her and they had kept in touch with each other. So she was very interested in reading McKinnon's work and got a copy. So I was introduced to it and although I could understand very little of the theories on which it was based my friend would talk about it. Also she is a lesbian and was a feminist even then.

RBG is unbelievable and hopefully will stay around til we make it through these horrible times. Also hopefully the Democrats better put up an unprecedented fight to get the Senate back to prevent the unthinkable.

It is pretty incredible that the justices are given paintings from the National Gallery and from what she states other art galleries to hang in their offices until they need them. Of course, she had to work pretty damn to get to the place where that would happen.

Please watch the clip, she is so funny and knowledgeable and what a history.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Make America Sane Again

Thank you...

That was amazing. She is a national treasure and a cornerstone of the court. "As long as I can do the job full steam, I will be here." God Bless her...

Why the hell she didn't resign 2 years ago?

I hope she makes it till 2021 for a Democratic president to select her replacement.

Liberal, born and raised in Maryland, proud member of pink pistols!

Ignore list: WilliamM

Why the hell she didn't resign 2 years ago?

I hope she makes it till 2021 for a Democratic president to select her replacement.

In hindsight, she was right not to resign. I mean, we remember what happened when Justice Scalia passed away and left a vacancy, right?

In hindsight, she was right not to resign. I mean, we remember what happened when Justice Scalia passed away and left a vacancy, right?

Hold on.... Republicans waited because they wanted to keep that seat red and didn't want a moderate chosen by Obama.

Liberal, born and raised in Maryland, proud member of pink pistols!

Ignore list: WilliamM

Hold on.... Republicans waited because they wanted to keep that seat red and didn't want a moderate chosen by Obama.

They want EVERY seat on the Court to be red, so I suspect they would have done the same thing had Ginsburg retired.

Hell hath no fury like a white conservative confronted with the unvarnished history of slavery and racism in America.

I think it is because she may not have envisioned (like most right minded people) that the Republicans would actually hold up the appointment of a justice (particularly, as has been stated, a very moderate one) already on the Court of Appeals for months on end. I am sure she believed that they would at least allow a hearing. She, at worst, was naive. Everyone knows better now and having reached a new low regarding that issue will use it going forward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Make America Sane Again