The dramatic Tango.

OCClient
This topic is 2282 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I came across these videos a while ago. The two dancers are very good (to my untrained eye).

I've read that tango is the only style of ballroom dancing that was often danced by two men back in the day (like early 20th century). Since one of the ways a woman judged a man was by his tango skills, guys would get together & practice tango to up their game (not sure if that's fact or urban legend). That early tradition of male-male tango was revived recently with the Queer Tango movement. Also, professional tango dancers occasionally revive the male-male roots of tango. Queer tango usually has the same eroticism as "heteronormative" tango whereas professional male-male tango performances do not. Here is a great number performed by two brothers:

I just love tango. I spotted a really handsome tango professional (former world champion) on the Internet, and my crush inspired me to watch all his performances on YouTube. It was a great way to gain an appreciation for the art form :-D

These two aren't world champs but the video itself is stunning.

Thanks for posting this vid. I actually saw it before, during my YouTube tango binge, but I really enjoyed it a second time. The lighting, the cityscape seen through the studio windows, and of course the talent of the two gents make for a beautiful performance.