Calling ALL New Yorkers

jjkrkwood
This topic is 2159 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Leaning towards an Early Saturday evening, that way people that might come into the city can take advantage of its nightlife afterwards. @nycman - target date will be late Feb, early March as I am dealing with several medical issues at the moment that I need to get out of the way. Thats as much steam as I can give it ! :p

Hope your medical issues are resolved in your favor soon.

Gman

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leaning towards an Early Saturday evening, that way people that might come into the city can take advantage of its nightlife afterwards. @nycman - target date will be late Feb, early March as I am dealing with several medical issues at the moment that I need to get out of the way. Thats as much steam as I can give it ! :p

I also hope you get well soon. This can wait if it needs to, focus on your health as a priority!

Thank you for all your efforts. Let's keep it simple. Happy hour at a bar, followed by dinner somewhere would be great. There are restaurants that have a decent bar - Five Napkin is a name that comes to mind.

Five Napkin is basically a higher end burger joint, and yes they have a nice bar.. Their "original" burger runs around $15.95, trhey have vegetarian options, and they are located in Hells Kitchen area. Works for me....

Let's make this a front runner unless someone else wants to throw a hat in the ring ?

Five Napkin Burger

630 Ninth Ave., New York, NY 10036 at 45th St.

I also hope you get well soon. This can wait if it needs to, focus on your health as a priority!

A year ago I had 2 stents put in my heart. The 3rd artery did not meet the criteria at that time, but its seems to be ready now. ? Basically I cant breathe well and loose breath at the slightest exertion. And I'm always fatigued. They also found a mass on my pituitary gland which needs addressing, plus my ongoing kidney function issues. Basically I'm a mess, BUT I look Mahvellous. So my plate is full BUT I am trying to function normally day to day, and getting the ball rolling on a meat-n-greet is a nice diversion. Since I dont own a cell phone, wondering how I will pull it off ? It will either be a success or a fiasco ! :p

A year ago I had 2 stents put in my heart. The 3rd artery did not meet the criteria at that time, but its seems to be ready now. ? Basically I cant breathe well and loose breath at the slightest exertion. And I'm always fatigued. They also found a mass on my pituitary gland which needs addressing, plus my ongoing kidney function issues. Basically I'm a mess, BUT I look Mahvellous. So my plate is full BUT I am trying to function normally day to day, and getting the ball rolling on a meat-n-greet is a nice diversion. Since I dont own a cell phone, wondering how I will pull it off ? It will either be a success or a fiasco ! :p

(maybe I should bring some devilled eggs, just in case ?)

Five Napkin is basically a higher end burger joint, and yes they have a nice bar.. Their "original" burger runs around $15.95, trhey have vegetarian options, and they are located in Hells Kitchen area. Works for me....

Let's make this a front runner unless someone else wants to throw a hat in the ring ?

Five Napkin Burger

Location works for me, nothing to argue against.

Five Napkin Burger

Ninth and 45th on a Saturday night? Heart of the theatre district crowd - beware

Ninth and 45th on a Saturday night? Heart of the theatre district crowd - beware

It's early enough the theatre crowd will be heading to the theatre, so the restaurants will be emptying out, and if you are driving, lots of parking around 10th Ave.

And those take top priority. Meet and greet be damned.

With the exception of a quick trip down to see a play 3 years ago, I haven’t actually stayed in the city for well over 10-15 years. Are there decent hotels near the restaurant? Is it within walking distance from Penn Station?

On another note, should the mood strike, is it easy to hire with relatively short notice on a Saturday night?

Consider demands that people might make, but decide for yourself and post the details. If people really want to meet up, the venue will be of secondary importance.

Mike as always, offers great advice. I would just plan it at a place that can easily adjust for size. Once you have the date those that can attend can annouce. I assure you there is no way to accommodate some. You might just get some advice on a venue then pick the date. :)

Years ago the 1st Chicago Dinner was held in conjunction with IML. Is there any festival going on in NYC that might induce prospective attendees to attend?

Gman

The lure should simply be wanting to meet the guys you interact with here. If that's not enticing enough, then better stay home, cause I wont be doing "the dance of the 7 Fans" ......

Years ago the 1st Chicago Dinner was held in conjunction with IML. Is there any festival going on in NYC that might induce prospective attendees to attend?

Gman

The lure should simply be wanting to meet the guys you interact with here. If that's not enticing enough, then better stay home, cause I wont be doing "the dance of the 7 Fans" ......

Ahh but people coming in for something are probably more primed to get together to meet. But as it’s your vision at work here

Gx8NphY.gif

Gman

With the exception of a quick trip down to see a play 3 years ago, I haven’t actually stayed in the city for well over 10-15 years. Are there decent hotels near the restaurant? Is it within walking distance from Penn Station?

I don't know what price range you're looking for, but mid-priced luxury hotels in Times Square include the Renaissance, W, Westin, Knickerbocker and Hyatt. The Marriott Marquis is super-cheesy, of course, but has great views. The Yotel is cheaper and more basic than the other ones listed.

night?

I don't know what price range you're looking for, but mid-priced luxury hotels in Times Square include the Renaissance, W, Westin, Knickerbocker and Hyatt. The Marriott Marquis is super-cheesy, of course, but has great views. The Yotel is cheaper and more basic than the other ones listed.

There’s a place called The Hotel @ Times Square. It’s part of the Apple Hotel Group. I stayed there once years ago and thought it was a nice place.

Gman

Edited by Gar1eth

I better not wear my Louboutins...One of those bitches might steel em when I kick em off !

Sounds like we hang out with the same crowd....god damned thieving whores!

But they sure are fun!

And a girl can always buy more Louboutins....priceless memories?....those aren’t so easy to replace.