Texting masseurs

ontheroad
This topic is 2278 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

i always text masseurs.

if you are worried about your number being published somewhere, try using a Gmail account to set up a Google Voice phone number.. you can link this alternate Google Voice number to your normal cell phone number and use the Google Hangouts app to text masseurs from the Google Voice number. this way, the masseur will never see your normal cell phone number.

if your Google Voice number is somehow "compromised", you can just select a new Google Voice number..

the only time i email a masseur is if I'm taking a chance on a massage ad on Craigslist.

if I have a longer note, I'll email it to a provider and then text them that I sent an email.......the answers to the email are often texted!......

you may want to consider a "burner phone"/trac-phone-style fliphone for this hobby......pay cash, activate it with made-up info, recharge it with cash, only use it for this stuff......

I’ll text to set up appointments but rarely describe what I’m looking for so there’s no “paper” trail. Wondering how explicit folks are about describing when they’re looking for a HE or more...?

yes, politely tiptoeing around masseurs with those delicate questions is always a concern for me......in an effort to be appropriately discreet, I'll usually only ask if they're comfortable being fully naked and will request an "all over" body rub......I may ask for an "upgrade" if available and/or a "deluxe service" at whatever higher rate....(wink, wink)

body language at the time may help, too

You can also use the burner app - just download the app to your every day smart phone, select one of the available numbers and off you go. Monthly fee is usually around $6 bucks and you can "burn" the number anytime you want and start up a new number. Not sure how the fee compare to keeping a separate burner phone going, but it is probably less of a hassle to juggle two phones; keep both charged, paid up and within reach, sounds like a lot of work to me...

Topical topic! I've been in communication with a masseur who only uses whatsapp to communicate (he's from abroad). I have a whatsapp account, but it's tied to my "regular" number and I certainly don't want to have my privacy compromised. I normally communicate via text through a google voice number, which works great, but is incompatible with whatsapp. Does anyone know a workaround for this? I suggested that the masseur get a google voice number for his time in the US, but I think he's tired of emailing back and forth (and I can't blame him!)

I think he's tired of emailing back and forth (and I can't blame him!)

I get that texting is preferred, but I'm sorry, sending a few emails seems like a reasonable investment in their business. Scheduling their appointments goes along with the territory. I know it's not exactly the same thing, but customer service in any other business means relating to your customer, not making them work too hard to get to you. Given the amount we pay for the service, shouldn't I be able to select the method of communication that works for my level of comfort?

I get that texting is preferred, but I'm sorry, sending a few emails seems like a reasonable investment in their business. Scheduling their appointments goes along with the territory. I know it's not exactly the same thing, but customer service in any other business means relating to your customer, not making them work too hard to get to you. Given the amount we pay for the service, shouldn't I be able to select the method of communication that works for my level of comfort?

I have not thought much about this topic and I am so interested in the dialogue.

There are three masseurs I use on a regular basis. One uses WhatsApp and it’s fine. His English is limited and the app has translation capability. The second masseur texts and it works well. The third communicates by voice with his mobile. I like the simplicity of communication and I’ve never had concerns about my privacy. I also like being able to ask for the day/time I want directly. I usually book 1-2 days in advance.

If I had concerns like some expressed above, I would not use the masseur. The services I want are legal and consensual and I have no reason to hide.

I have not thought much about this topic and I am so interested in the dialogue.

There are three masseurs I use on a regular basis. One uses WhatsApp and it’s fine. His English is limited and the app has translation capability. The second masseur texts and it works well. The third communicates by voice with his mobile. I like the simplicity of communication and I’ve never had concerns about my privacy. I also like being able to ask for the day/time I want directly. I usually book 1-2 days in advance.

If I had concerns like some expressed above, I would not use the masseur. The services I want are legal and consensual and I have no reason to hide.

I think the clients that want to be discrete want the discretion not because of "illegal activity". I think it has to do more with the fact they are probably married or in relationships and need the discretion for that reason.

Topical topic! I've been in communication with a masseur who only uses whatsapp to communicate (he's from abroad). I have a whatsapp account, but it's tied to my "regular" number and I certainly don't want to have my privacy compromised. I normally communicate via text through a google voice number, which works great, but is incompatible with whatsapp. Does anyone know a workaround for this? I suggested that the masseur get a google voice number for his time in the US, but I think he's tired of emailing back and forth (and I can't blame him!)

Get another whatsapp account and tie it to your "private" number?

2 numbers on WhatsApp on the same phone is not possible as far as I can see in WhatsApp options. But you can change number completely within the app.

Thanks for confirming what I thought. I just looked up changing the number, and it looks like it's there so you can migrate all your contacts, etc. to a new phone number (if you permanently change phone numbers). Once it's done, it looks like it can't be undone, so you can't toggle between two numbers, you can just change the number associated with the account permanently.