Bob Dole Receives Congressional Gold Medal

WilliamM

This topic is 1367 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am not surprised former Sen. Dole said, "The words of praise were nice, but probably not true." He seldom talks about his very significant injuries during the Second World War. I did not agree much with Dole's politics, but he always had a good, if cutting, sense of humor. Somehow he was able the stand during the National Anthem with help.

God speed, Mr. Dole at age 94.

I am not surprised former Sen. Dole said, "The words of praise were nice, but probably not true." He seldom talks about his very significant injuries during the Second World War. I did not agree much with Dole's politics, but he always had a good, if cutting, sense of humor. Somehow he was able the stand during the National Anthem with help.

God speed, Mr. Dole at age 94.

Yup, although some people were disappointed in him for attending the 16 RNC. But he's a party man (in the old fashioned sense of party loyalty, not the Kool aid variety)

“Who you gonna believe, me or your own eyes?”

-The Marx Brothers

Senator Dole was a friend of my father. He was a man of integrity who got things done in the Senate because others knew that they could count on his word to follow through.

He was part of “The Greatest Generation” who fought so we might be free. We enjoy our lives today because men and women like Dole knew what needed to be done and did it.

Thank you Senator Dole.