Rep Scott Perry (R - PA)....Just Wow...

LoveNDino

This topic is 1373 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

From 1/19/18, Huffington Post

Rep. Scott Perry (R-Pa.) told Fox News host Tucker Carlson he believes the Islamic State terror group masterminded the Las Vegas shooting that killed 58 people in October.

“I smell a rat, like a lot of Americans. Nothing’s adding up,” Perry said Thursday on “Tucker Carlson Tonight.”

“It’s been four months, as you said, the man’s dead, they said he’s a lone gunman, lone shooter, yet we can’t get the autopsy results,” Perry continued. “But even more troubling than that, I’ve been made aware of what I believe to be credible evidence, credible information, regarding terrorist infiltration through the southern border regarding this incident.”

Perry didn’t elaborate on the “credible” information, nor did he explain why he thinks gunman Stephen Paddock, who killed himself in the massacre, wasn’t acting alone, as investigators tend to believe.

“Let’s face it, ISIS, twice before the attack, warned the U.S. they would attack Las Vegas … and then after the attack claimed responsibility four times,” Perry said. “Meanwhile, the local law enforcement investigative services are telling us there is no terrorist connection.”

Catherine Lombardo, an attorney representing victims of the shooting, pressed Perry for evidence:

“With all due respect, Congressman, unless you have specific evidence to back that up, it seems a bit irresponsible to ... make that assertion. If you do have any evidence of that, I’m asking you right now to share it with us and tell us what that is.”

Perry said he was “not able” to divulge specifics.

From 1/19/18, Huffington Post

Rep. Scott Perry (R-Pa.) told Fox News host Tucker Carlson he believes the Islamic State terror group masterminded the Las Vegas shooting that killed 58 people in October.

“I smell a rat, like a lot of Americans. Nothing’s adding up,” Perry said Thursday on “Tucker Carlson Tonight.”

“It’s been four months, as you said, the man’s dead, they said he’s a lone gunman, lone shooter, yet we can’t get the autopsy results,” Perry continued. “But even more troubling than that, I’ve been made aware of what I believe to be credible evidence, credible information, regarding terrorist infiltration through the southern border regarding this incident.”

Perry didn’t elaborate on the “credible” information, nor did he explain why he thinks gunman Stephen Paddock, who killed himself in the massacre, wasn’t acting alone, as investigators tend to believe.

“Let’s face it, ISIS, twice before the attack, warned the U.S. they would attack Las Vegas … and then after the attack claimed responsibility four times,” Perry said. “Meanwhile, the local law enforcement investigative services are telling us there is no terrorist connection.”

Catherine Lombardo, an attorney representing victims of the shooting, pressed Perry for evidence:

“With all due respect, Congressman, unless you have specific evidence to back that up, it seems a bit irresponsible to ... make that assertion. If you do have any evidence of that, I’m asking you right now to share it with us and tell us what that is.”

Perry said he was “not able” to divulge specifics.

That's such a familiar method. Where have ah seen and heard it before

“Who you gonna believe, me or your own eyes?”

-The Marx Brothers

The Moron's devotees never get tired of crazy.

Rep. Scott Perry (R-Pa.) told Fox News host Tucker Carlson he believes the Islamic State terror group masterminded the Las Vegas shooting that killed 58 people in October. “I smell a rat, like a lot of Americans. Nothing’s adding up,” Perry said Thursday on “Tucker Carlson Tonight.”

The night Fox News went completely off the rails

Conspiracy theories were featured on three straight shows -- with a dash of racism mixed in.

by Aaron Rupar, thinkprogress.org, January 19, 2018

On Thursday evening, Fox News pushed conspiracy theories on three straight primetime shows, with a little racism mixed in.

Tucker Carlson Tonight featured an interview with Rep. Scott Perry (R-PA) in which he promoted a conspiracy ripped straight from Infowars — that ISIS had something to do with the Las Vegas mass shooting in October.

... Rep. Perry never provided any evidence, and Carlson didn’t push back at all on his conspiracy theory.

“I’m not taking a position on this either way,” Carlson said at one point.

... Immediately after Carlson’s show went off the air, Hannity featured a segment with Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) and Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) pushing a conspiracy theory that Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into the Trump campaign for possible collusion with Russia is the result of a conspiracy in which the “deep state” colluded with Hillary Clinton and the Obama administration in an attempt to bring down Donald Trump.

... Jordan has been pushing this conspiracy theory on Fox News for months. But when he recently did an interview on CNN, the obvious hole in his argument was exposed. If the FBI had been colluding with Clinton during the election, as he claims, then why did FBI Director James Comey go out of his way to publicize the Clinton email investigation just days before the election?

... After Hannity went off the air, the Clinton-Comey collusion allegations were also the featured story on Ingraham Angle.

And the next day ...

During a segment of Fox & Friends, White House counselor Kellyanne Conway did her part to push the conspiracy, referring to the discussion on Fox News shows the evening before.

Since the shooter was WHITE, I would love there to be a terrorist theory truth to it. That would put a kink in the chain of Republican claim about terrorism connection and people of color.

I believe he was a terrorist; Nobody kills that many people without a motive.

In lieu of evidence proving some other motive, say for money or revenge, what else can we conclude?

In lieu of evidence proving some other motive, say for money or revenge, what else can we conclude?

That's it's just one more in a long line of mass shootings in the USA. Crazy, angry, aggrieved people with easy access to guns kill people.

That's it's just one more in a long line of mass shootings in the USA. Crazy, angry, aggrieved people with easy access to guns kill people.

Terrorism is violence for a political purpose aimed at creating fear. Lunar right wing or Islamist both qualify. 'I hate the world and I want to create a splash' does not a terrorist make. So far no plausible political motive has been ascribed to the event.

SICK, angry people with a grudge and lots of Hate ! They dont have to be radicalized terrorists

I believe he was a terrorist ...

The Las Vegas shooter surely created a sense of terror in that crowd, but that doesn't make him a terrorist by the correct definition of the word (noted by @mike carey above).

Nor should an affiliation with a terrorist organization be the assumed motive just because no other is known. (That's a little too Trump.)

Beside the options you mention--money, revenge, terrorism--there are other known motives for spree killings--health issues, for example:

Seung-Hui Cho, the Virginia Tech killer, was diagnosed with severe anxiety disorder. James Holmes, the Aurora, CO movie theater gunman is a schizophrenic. Eric Harris, one of the Columbine killers, is believed to have been a psychopath.

Back in the 60s, Charles Whitman, the University of Texas belltower shooter, requested an autopsy because he suspected a biological reason for his urge to kill. The autopsy found a small tumor in his brain that may have impacted his ability to control his emotions and actions.

Since the shooter was WHITE, I would love there to be a terrorist theory truth to it. That would put a kink in the chain of Republican claim about terrorism connection and people of color.

Exactly, they'll say the shooter was a tormented soul who needed help and love... just like the one in Charleston.

Liberal, born and raised in Maryland, proud member of pink pistols!

Ignore list: WilliamM