Advertising vs Word of Mouth

Cannon
This topic is 2288 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

First, I want to say how much I love how supportive the companions are of each other here on this forum! Second, I want to ask a question of the companions. I am a companion who hasn't been doing this long. I do this part time with school and work. I don't advertise. Its all been word of mouth or being approached in alternative ways. I have a small number of guys that I see and I'd like to keep it small actually. In a short amount of time I've had great & lucrative experiences and even been able to travel, but not advertising makes me wonder what great and lucrative experiences I may be missing. So Im wondering how valuable you think having an ad on Rentmen is in your own experiences because I think most of you on the forum do advertise. By advertising, I know I would be making myself vulnerable to the negatives that I have been able to avoid with word of mouth.... like dealing with the flakes, time wasters, the mentally imbalanced, the lower end etc. I think this is subjective and I suspect opinions will vary but in your own view, is it worth it?

Edited by Cannon

...I have a small number of guys that I see and Id like to keep it small actually....

Not a “companion” but still going to throw in my 2 cents.

There’s more than one business model. Here are just a couple of examples. Either has the potential to have “great and lucrative experiences”.

There are those who advertise. This is the most common. Those advertisements may be on just one, or on many different sites. I suspect most of the companion responses your receive in this thread will come from this group.

For this next example I will exclude those being exploited. There are those who don’t advertise and depend on word of mouth. They are often very exclusive and cater to the high elite. The benefactor may only be interested in those providers who do not have advertisements and their pictures ‘out there”. A very high level of discretion is expected and required. There may even be a written confidentiality contract involved. The arrangement may not allow for any other clients.

If you’re reasonably satisfied with your your current client situation…

And if you're serious about your student studies…

And your work...

Maybe you are just fine doing what you’re doing.

You may have already seen this post in a different Daddy’s thread. But, if not, it also has some insightful comments that could apply to you.

Get creative and intentional with your marketing if you want those clients....

Edit: forgot to add link to above quote:

https://www.companyofmen.org/threads/how-to-have-clients-whod-like-to-travel.132613/page-3

Edited by not2rowdy