A good hombre called Jorge García has been deported. Family values...

marylander1940

This topic is 1371 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

'A nightmare': Family bids goodbye as undocumented father of 2 is deported to Mexico

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/nightmare-family-bids-goodbye-undocumented-father-2-deported-071300840--abc-news-topstories.html

Op note: How many trumpanzees will get a hard on after hearing about this? Sad, that will be the only good thing that will happen to them in their deplorable lives with so many self inflicted wounds.

Liberal, born and raised in Maryland, proud member of pink pistols!

Ignore list: WilliamM

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'A nightmare': Family bids goodbye as undocumented father of 2 is deported to Mexico

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/nightmare-family-bids-goodbye-undocumented-father-2-deported-071300840--abc-news-topstories.html

Op note: How many trumpanzees will get a hard on after hearing about this? Sad, that will be the only good thing that will happen to them in their deplorable lives with so many self inflicted wounds.

It is a shame,it IS racist,it is a human rights violation,and just plain wrong to tear a family apart like that

Trump is a true, vile, mean-spirited, sadistic predator. He habitually seeks out and attacks the most vulnerable: children, the sick, the elderly, and all others who are financially and/or resource deprived. His shameless, flaunting of his hypocrisy sickens me. He has so much respect and admiration for the men and women in law enforcement across our nation (by granting the certified mentally ill access to guns.) He has so much respect for the men and women serving in our military (by executing an order attacking our trans-gender troops.) He wants everyone to have a living wage (but can't support minimum wage legislation or unions and collective bargaining.)

When Trump talked about getting "bad hombres" out of the country, he clearly meant, and his base clearly understood he was talking about "brown hombres".

Even though legal and illegal immigrants commit by far less crimes than folks born in the country.

Hey, quote us some articles about the many illegals who are murderers, rapists and drug dealers. BTW, the Obama administration deported many "good" illegals. It didn't bother you then I'm sure.

Edited by RockyMount

Hey, quote us some articles about the many illegals who are murderers, rapists and drug dealers. BTW, the Obama administration deported many "good" illegals. It didn't bother you then I'm sure.

Criminals should be sent back home after serving in jail, no doubt.

Illegal immigrants commit FAR MORE crimes than US citizens. Stop with your urban legends!!

Immigrants commit less crimes than natural born citizens, but that's a fact and you don't believe in them anyways.

When Trump talked about getting "bad hombres" out of the country, he clearly meant, and his base clearly understood he was talking about "brown hombres".

Sorry, but I'm going to be a picky bitch and a broken record on this one.

Two-thirds of Trump supporters want Dreamers to stay in U.S.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2017/09/13/two-thirds-of-trump-supporters-want-dreamers-to-stay-in-u-s/

I have no problem with calling Trump a racist. But to make broad statements about "his base" is both intellectually questionable, and politically dangerous.

To be very specific, it's hard to guess how Trump's "base" would feel about this one individual father being deported. He is technically too old to fall under DACA, so it's anybody's guess whether most Trump voters view him as a "brown hombre" who of course needs to be separated from his family.

What the poll data show is that Republicans, and even Trump voters, who are more knee jerk on average than the Flake/McCain wing of the Republican Party, have a much more nuanced view.

To me what happened in Alabama makes this much less nuanced and theoretical and much more politically palpable. There were clearly some people who voted for Trump in 2016 that switched to Jones in 2017. Far more important, hundreds of thousands of Trump voters simply stayed home. While that is hardly making a bold statement against bigotry or racism, it actually ended up being critical to Jones winning and Moore and Bannon (and Trump, I'd argue) being exposed and humiliated.

I think we should take our cues from leaders like Jones and be very careful and very specific about the accusations we make about Trump's base.

And, sorry, but Obama deported millions of undocumented immigrants, too. I would argue he did it earlier in his term, based on the expectation that if he enforced the law, moderate Republicans would work with him to change the law. In a recent interview, Boehner as much as admitted that he chose partisan politics over good policy when he helped kill immigration reform to please the wingnut Freedom Caucus. But that simply goes to my point, which is that there are many nuanced positions among Trump voters, and we should be looking to find people who agree with us on issues like DACA, not drive them away.

And just to make it even more clear, I am NOT - repeat I am NOT - as in NOT - as in NO - as in NOT - saying we should embrace Trump supporters who are bigots or racists. I am simply saying that we should encourage Trump supporters who don't like seeing innocent and harmless fathers separated from their kids to stop embracing leaders who do mean things and split up families.

Edited by stevenkesslar

Immigrants commit less crimes than natural born citizens, but that's a fact and you don't believe in them anyways.

23% of inmates in federal prison are illegal aliens: http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/dhs-23-of-all-federal-prisoners-are-illegals-just-7-of-42034-saved-from-deportation/article/2630999

My ignore list:  marylander1940, MiamiLooker, stevenkesslar

And what percentage of these undocumented immigrants who you say make up 23%of federal prison population are not white?probably most of them.There are so many non white people doing time for things that white people do not go to jail for,whether you want to admit it or not!The vast majority of undocumented immigrants are not criminals,and only want to be here so they can work and take care of their families,usually doing jobs that Americans will not or cannot do!I am more afraid of white men in this country than anyone,and this is due to my own very real experiences,and I'm white

Sorry, BSR, but this really strikes me as moron math.

I think the point of the article is that a huge percentage of the prison population are undocumented migrants. And the nature of their crime is that they are, if you prefer the phrase, "illegal aliens." So it's not that they committed rape or murder or cheated on their taxes. The nature of their illegal activity is they wanted to live and probably work in the United States, period.

That makes what they did neither legal nor okay, but it isn't true to say this is a safety issue and all these people are horrific, murderous thugs. The most compelling argument to me, which is certainly valid, is that it takes up jail space and costs taxpayers money. But that is not actually even an option. Border security is one of the highest growth parts of the federal budget, and that's been true with every President since Clinton. Conservatives are hardly arguing that the real problem is that we spend too much money on border security, or on prisons. Presumably, the reason so many "illegal aliens" are in these prisons awaiting deportation is because that's actually what conservatives like you want - not liberals like me, who would prefer to see them working and paying taxes.

So what you really seem to be complaining about is that the policies you advocate - harshly cracking down on decent people who want to live and work in the US - are actually successful, even if they are inhumane. The main reason these people are in federal prison is because you want them there, not me. So why are you complaining about the fact that Clinton and W. and Obama and now Trump are actually doing what YOU want?

The Virginia Governor's race was a real test to me of where people in a relatively centrist state are at. If you want poster children for muderous brown-skinned subhuman thugs, MS-13 is a great place to go. Among other things, gang members brutally raped, murdered, and buried a teenage girl in a Virginia park, and sent out cell phone videos of the atrocity. Of course no Democrat in Virginia endorsed this behavior. But Gillespie's campaign ads did try to make an inflammatory connection between the Democratic candidate's policies and encouraging this kind of sick behavior. It got Gillespie nowhere, and he got whipped by margins way bigger than when he ran as a Chamber of Commerce Establishment candidate against Mark Warner.

So I don't really think you have a majoritarian argument here. My guess is that even most Trump voters have more compassion than you.

Edited by stevenkesslar

Sorry, BSR, but this really strikes me as moron math.

I think the point of the article is that a huge percentage of the prison population are undocumented migrants. And the nature of their crime is that they are, if you prefer the phrase, "illegal aliens." So it's not that they committed rape or murder or cheated on their taxes. The nature of their illegal activity is they wanted to live and probably work in the United States, period.

That makes what they did neither legal nor okay, but it isn't true to say this is a safety issue and all these people are horrific, murderous thugs. The most compelling argument to me, which is certainly valid, is that it takes up jail space and costs taxpayers money. But that is not actually even an option. Border security is one of the highest growth parts of the federal budget, and that's been true with every President since Clinton. Conservatives are hardly arguing that the real problem is that we spend too much money on border security, or on prisons. Presumably, the reason so many "illegal aliens" are in these prisons awaiting deportation is because that's actually what conservatives like you want - not liberals like me, who would prefer to see them working and paying taxes.

So what you really seem to be complaining about is that the policies you advocate - harshly cracking down on decent people who want to live and work in the US - are actually successful, even if they are inhumane.

The Virginia Governor's race was a real test to me of where people in a relatively centrist state are at. If you want poster children for muderous brown-skinned subhuman thugs, MS-13 is a great place to go. Among other things, gang members brutally raped, murdered, and buried a teenage girl in a Virginia park, and sent out cell phone videos of the atrocity. Of course no Democrat in Virginia endorsed this behavior. But Gillespie's campaign ads did try to make an inflammatory connection between the Democratic candidate's policies and encouraging this kind of sick behavior. It got Gillespie nowhere, and he got whipped by margins way bigger than when he ran as a Chamber of Commerce Establishment candidate against Mark Warner.

So I don't really think you have a majoritarian argument here. My guess is that even most Trump voters have more compassion than you.

Wow, another tome of verbal diarrhea. I doubt there is a single board member who loves the sound of his own voice more than stevenkesslar.

Apparently your parents never taught you what happens when you assume. I post documentation on the percentage of federal prison inmates who are illegal aliens, and you assume I lack compassion even more than most Trump voters? That's a helluva stretch.

To break that number down, look at the chart includes in this article: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2015/07/illegal_aliens_murder_at_a_much_higher_rate_than_us_citizens_do.html

18% of illegal aliens are busted for immigration violations, 14% for traffic violations, and 9% for obstruction of justice. Some 17% for drug violations. The rest run the gamut: assault, murder, rape, property damage, fraud, etc.

These are facts. Facts don't care about your feelings.

And what percentage of these undocumented immigrants who you say make up 23%of federal prison population are not white?probably most of them.There are so many non white people doing time for things that white people do not go to jail for,whether you want to admit it or not!The vast majority of undocumented immigrants are not criminals,and only want to be here so they can work and take care of their families,usually doing jobs that Americans will not or cannot do!I am more afraid of white men in this country than anyone,and this is due to my own very real experiences,and I'm white

Now that's a really silly argument.

Between 1880 and 1920, about 5.3 million Italians came to the US. About half of them returned to Italy after working here for an average of 5 years. During the same period, about 1.5 million Norwegians and Swedes came here to escape poverty or religious oppression.

Think about it. How in the fuck were we supposed to throw 7 million of these aliens in jails that didn't even exist? Not even Ridley Scott and Sigourney Weaver could have figured out how to take out that many aliens!

24357831.gif

tumblr_oeqj9bwnLo1uxpv1ro1_500.gif

And even if we had the jail space or the money to build them, you think we were actually supposed to train people to understand these alien prisoner assholes when they asked to take a shit in Italian, let alone Swedish or Norwegian? ;)

Edited by stevenkesslar

To break that number down, look at the chart includes in this article: http://www.americanthinker.com/arti...t_a_much_higher_rate_than_us_citizens_do.html

18% of illegal aliens are busted for immigration violations, 14% for traffic violations, and 9% for obstruction of justice. Some 17% for drug violations. The rest run the gamut: assault, murder, rape, property damage, fraud, etc.

Yeah, BSR. I do think you lack compassion, and you're a way bigger asshole than me. Anybody whose best argument is that I have verbal diarrhea is kind of a loser, and kind of a copycat. I originated the joke about me having VD about two years ago. Try to be more creative, okay?

I do appreciate you posted an entirely different article which actually does present a comprehensive list of crimes committed by undocumented migrants. The article you started with, which I read in its entirety twice, only listed one type of crime: violation of immigration laws. I knew that some of these people had to have done other things, because Obama in particular always stressed that on his watch ICE targeted people who broke laws other than just wanting to live and work in America. I think most Americans support the idea that if you commit crimes like murder, and are a threat to public safety, you're out of here.

Having said that, my sense from the list in American Thinker is maybe 1 in 4 undocumented workers meet that standard - meaning they are truly dangerous and deserve to be kicked out. Certainly assault, robbery, arson, homicide, and burglary meet that standard.

On the subject of your compassion, here's an interesting case. When I was at the Grand Luxxe in Nuevo Vallarta last month, the waiter that served us at the pool one day clearly spoke English in a way that made it obvious he'd lived in the US. He was talkative and seemed like a nice guy. I spoke with him for maybe 10 minutes, and he was one of those guys who was more than happy to share details of his life story, and his deportation. The bottom line is that he was in his mid 20's, and was the divorced father of several children who are US citizens. The reason he was deported is that he lived in a rural area (I believe in Arizona) and one night he got caught speeding when he was heading to a bar. 404,788 of the 2.9 million on your list committed the horrific crime of a traffic violation. It was the 3rd biggest offense, after violation of immigration laws, and drugs.

Now, my private reaction to my client, after the guy left to get our drinks, is that I would not choose this guy as my poster child if I wanted to make an argument for being compassionate to undocumented immigrants. I suppose you could make an argument that by speeding, he was recklessly endangering your life or mine. But what actually bothered me about his story is the idea that he is skating on thin ice with the law, anyway, and yet he speeds, knowing that he has young kids from a marriage that already has ended in divorce. Not exactly the poster child of mature, adult behavior. Then again, lots of people in their teens and 20's seem to pop out babies in an overly casual manner. (See Palin, Bristol).

Did he deserve to be deported? Probably. Is he a menace to society? Probably not. Are his US citizen children better off, and more likely to escape poverty themselves, because their father was deported and working in Mexico? Probably not. If it were up to me, would I have given him a break for going 10 miles an hour over the speed limit? Absolutely yes.

My statement about your lack of compassion is based on the fact that your entire argument in the post I responded to was that 42.034 federal inmates are being subsidized to live in the US - in jail - for no other reason than that they are awaiting deportation. So, yes, I think that's a dumb policy, driven by idiotological warriors like you who lack compassion.

If you now want to move the goal posts and say that undocumented migrants who are murderers or arsonists or sex offenders should be deported, I completely agree with you. I would guess most people do.

Edited by stevenkesslar

Yeah, BSR. I do think you lack compassion, and you're a way bigger asshole than me. Anybody whose best argument is that I have verbal diarrhea is kind of a loser, and kind of a copycat. I originated the joke about me having VD about two years ago. Try to be more creative, okay?

I do appreciate you posted an entirely different article which actually does present a comprehensive list of crimes committed by undocumented migrants. The article you started with, which I read in its entirety twice, only listed one type of crime: violation of immigration laws. I knew that some of these people had to have done other things, because Obama in particular always stressed that on his watch ICE targeted people who broke laws other than just wanting to live and work in America. I think most Americans support the idea that if you commit crimes like murder, and are a threat to public safety, you're out of here.

Having said that, my sense from the list in American Thinker is maybe 1 in 4 undocumented workers meet that standard - meaning they are truly dangerous and deserve to be kicked out. Certainly assault, robbery, arson, homicide, and burglary meet that standard.

On the subject of your compassion, here's an interesting case. When I was at the Grand Luxxe in Nuevo Vallarta last month, the waiter that served us at the pool one day clearly spoke English in a way that made it obvious he'd lived in the US. He was talkative and seemed like a nice guy. I spoke with him for maybe 10 minutes, and he was one of those guys who was more than happy to share details of his life story, and his deportation. The bottom line is that he was in his mid 20's, and was the divorced father of several children who are US citizens. The reason he was deported is that he lived in a rural area (I believe in Arizona) and one night he got caught speeding when he was heading to a bar. 404,788 of the 2.9 million on your list committed the horrific crime of a traffic violation. It was the 3rd biggest offense, after violation of immigration laws, and drugs.

Now, my private reaction to my client, after the guy left to get our drinks, is that I would not choose this guy as my poster child if I wanted to make an argument for being compassionate to undocumented immigrants. I suppose you could make an argument that by speeding, he was recklessly endangering your life or mine. But what actually bothered me about his story is the idea that he is skating on thin ice with the law, anyway, and yet he speeds, knowing that he has young kids from a marriage that already has ended in divorce. Not exactly the poster child of mature, adult behavior. Then again, lots of people in their teens and 20's seem to pop out babies in an overly casual manner. (See Palin, Bristol).

Did he deserve to be deported? Probably. Is he a menace to society? Probably not. Are his US citizen children better off, and more likely to escape poverty themselves, because their father was deported and working in Mexico? Probably not. If it were up to me, would I have given him a break for going 10 miles an hour over the speed limit? Absolutely yes.

My statement about your lack of compassion is based on the fact that your entire argument in the post I responded to was that 42.034 federal inmates are being subsidized to live in the US - in jail - for no other reason than that they are awaiting deportation. So, yes, I think that's a dumb policy, driven by idiotological warriors like you who lack compassion.

If you now want to move the goal posts and say that undocumented migrants who are murderers or arsonists or sex offenders should be deported, I completely agree with you. I would guess most people do.

OK, the "verbal diarrhea" bit was a lame joke. I apologize for its utter lame-ness. But I stand by my other comment, that you more than anyone else on this board just love the sound of your own voice way too much.

Responding to your looooooooooong post in its entirety would take far more time than I have right now, or will ever have in my life. Let me just say that in the immigration debate, the left is spouting all sorts of lies about DACA. The kids are all great students, many college-bound, in college, or college graduates? Maybe, maybe not, but 23% are functionally illiterate and 46% have only a basic level in English. Many are nobly serving in the military? 900 out of 630,000 isn't really "many." The list goes on & on.

When leftists are losing an argument, their knee-jerk response is to start name-calling. That's why your BFF Kenny screams "racist!" in every single post. Saying I have no compassion shows a wee bit more creativity than Kenny's all-purpose argument, but it reveals the same desperation.

Okay, I know this issue is much bigger than just one family, but I just couldn't keep it together when the young man broke down...

Funny how leftists never ever share any videos of Kate Steinle's devastated family when discussing the immigration issue.

I don't see many conservatives bringing it up either -- probably because it isn't representative of the issues.

By "it," I assume you are referring to the murder of Kate Steinle. Conservatives bring it up all the time because her murder might have been prevented if Dems stopped coddling illegal aliens. But since you sequester yourself in a silo of leftist groupthink, you would have no way of knowing.

Edited by BSR

Okay, I know this issue is much bigger than just one family, but I just couldn't keep it together when the young man broke down...

LoveNDino, did you get teary-eyed when you heard the details of Kate Steinle's tragic death? of how her father watched Kate die right there in front of him? Or do you only well up when it benefits your political agenda?

LoveNDino, did you get teary-eyed when you heard the details of Kate Steinle's tragic death? of how her father watched Kate die right there in front of him? Or do you only well up when it benefits your political agenda?

THAT was a single incident of an individual doing the wrong thing. The Garcia case is penalizing a man who did ALL the RIGHT things, contributed to the fabric of making America great, was law abiding, paid TAXES, but because of Trumps BROWN BAN, he had to go.... ? Shameful !!!!! No reply needed from you here BSR...We know your politics, morality...... and Bigotry !