Stuck!

GregM
This topic is 2263 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I spent three months in Baltimore one weekend.

Kevin Slater

Text alerts from SWA says 7pm take off now. This feels like an eternity. It's a good thing I have mixed nuts and pork rinds with me for snackies.

Hugs,

Greg

Hopefully they will fix it quickly. If the crew as at the end of their day, they may not have enough time left to work.

I hope the crew is getting paid for this delay. I know they don't get paid till doors are shut.

Hugs,

Greg

I’m glad if you are on SW that you are only going to Chicago and that you have munchies. I used to have a non-sexual friend who lived in suburb of Baltimore -actually he still does although is about to move to Atlanta. I haven’t seen him for a long time due to financial circumstances. But when I had the money, I visited and once either took a SW flight from Baltimore all the way back to Seattle or possibly it was to Dallas. In either case there was a stop in Chicago.

By the time I arrived at Midway I was extremely hungry. We weren’t changing planes, but the flight attendant told us how long we had before we had to re-board. But she had the time zones mixed up. We had much less time than she indicated. I think we only had 20 minutes. I remember being in line at the Potbelly worried it was taking too long. On a the plus side, I had never been to a Potbelly before. I’m a fan of their roast beef sandwich. But I make them put extra mayo on it as it has a tendency to be too dry without it.

Gman

I’m glad if you are on SW that you are only going to Chicago and that you have munchies. I used to have a non-sexual friend who lived in suburb of Baltimore -actually he still does although is about to move to Atlanta. I haven’t seen him for a long time due to financial circumstances. But when I had the money, I visited and once either took a SW flight from Baltimore all the way back to Seattle or possibly it was to Dallas. In either case there was a stop in Chicago.

By the time I arrived at Midway I was extremely hungry. We weren’t changing planes, but the flight attendant told us how long we had before we had to re-board. But she had the time zones mixed up. We had much less time than she indicated. I think we only had 20 minutes. I remember being in line at the Potbelly worried it was taking too long. On a the plus side, I had never been to a Potbelly before. I’m a fan of their roast beef sandwich. But I make them put extra mayo on it as it has a tendency to be too dry without it.

Gman

I don't think they allow passengers who are going onto another city on the same plane to get off any more. My plane was going onto OAK. I like luv. No back check fee and no up sale on seats and such, so much easier. What you see is what you pay. It's a winning approach to flying that has worked for them for years now.

Hugs,

Greg

I don't think they allow passengers who are going onto another city on the same plane to get off any more. My plane was going onto OAK. I like luv. No back check fee and no up sale on seats and such, so much easier. What you see is what you pay. It's a winning approach to flying that has worked for them for years now.

Hugs,

Greg

Ah we are different. While I don’t like bag check fees, I hate not having an assigned seat. I also hate that they don’t have food. And on long distance flights I’ve often thought their seats were incredibly uncomfortable. They are fine for a short jaunt from Dallas to Houston or Dallas to Austin, but I find long flights on SWA to be murder. And nowadays unless you book really, really far in advance they are just as expensive as the legacy airlines with the added bonus that depending on where you are going, if it’s a long distance flight/cross country flight, it can often take you all day as there’s a good chance you are going to have to change flights.

Mind you, I don’t think American has particularly comfortable seats either. Alaska Air has pretty comfortable seats. But their seat pockets on the backs of the seats in front of you are (intentionally I’m sure) a joke.

But I’m glad you made it home safely.

Gman