Melania Tone Deaf ????

jjkrkwood

This topic is 1380 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Sends out clueless MLK Day tweet. Is she just NOT paying attention ?

Follow President Donald Trump as he shapes America’s future

Melania Trump's MLK Day tweet backfires

Melania Trump on Monday sent out a tweet acknowledging Martin Luther King Jr.‘s important work, but many Twitter users just weren’t having it.

“Today we honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. & his service to this great country,” she wrote. “I am honored to be First Lady of a nation that continually strives for equality & justice for all.”

RmsOl1zv_normal.jpgMelania Trump

✔@FLOTUS

10:36 AM - Jan 15, 2018

One person replied, “You might want to talk to your husband about equality and justice for all,” while another asked, “Have you met your husband lately???”

Someone also tweeted, “Good luck with ‘striving’ – your husband is doing an excellent job of setting back the fight for equality by decades.”

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What would a more appropriate tweet honoring MLK have been ?

"Hey guys... I know it's MLK Day and all but I'm having trouble with the whole "non-violence" thing because Donald left a three-foot combover hair curled around my bathroom sink like a coiled, orange cobra. Try waking up to that shit and staying peaceful. I nearly pissed my Victoria's Secrets, but he'd have liked that."

Edited by Keith30309

it's coming.

What would a more appropriate tweet honoring MLK have been ?

"Hey guys... I know it's MLK Day and all but I'm having trouble with the whole "non-violence" thing because Donald left a three-foot combover hair curled around my bathroom sink like a coiled, orange cobra. Try waking up to that shit and staying peaceful. I nearly pissed my Victoria's Secrets, but he'd have liked that."

Pretty damn funny. I do worry about the First Lady's health. If I ever had to see Donald Trump naked, I'm quite certain I would not survive the trauma.

My ignore list:  marylander1940, MiamiLooker, stevenkesslar

Melania Trump‏Verified account @FLOTUS 7h7 hours ago:

Today we honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. & his service to this great country. I am honored to be First Lady of a nation that continually strives for equality & justice for all. #MLKDay"

It's vacuous... styrofoam peanuts... worn-out chewing gum for the ears.

But had she not said something then she'd have been roundly criticized.

Alternatives not chosen:

"I am honored to be the wife of the president of a nation that continually strives...."

"I am honored that my husband continually strives for equality..."

"I am honored that Donald is a shining example of the continuation of struggle for equality...."

"I am honored that not a single word of this tweet was taken from Michelle Obama..."

Donald, on the other hand, is now attacking "Dicky" Durbin for confirming his shitehole/shithouse comments.

it's coming.

Today we honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. & his service to this great country. I am honored to be First Lady of a nation that continually strives for equality & justice for all. #MLKDay"

Alternatives not chosen:

"I am honored to be the wife of the president of a nation that continually strives...."

"I am honored that Donald is a shining example of the continuation of struggle for equality...."

"I am honored that not a single word of this tweet was taken from Michelle Obama..."

Donald, on the other hand, is now attacking "Dicky" Durbin for confirming his shitehole/shithouse comments.

Without conviction AND sincerity, anything she said would be under attack... And since she has no concept of what STRUGGLE is (she seems to have forgotten her upbringing) , her words are empty sentiment and talking points.

Alternatives not chosen:

Hilarious...

the greatest beauty is

Organic wholeness, the wholeness of life and things,

the divine beauty of the universe.

Love that, not man apart from that,

or else you will share man’s pitiful confusions,

or drown in despair when his days darken."

- Robinson Jeffers

B e l i e v e

Instead of tweeting, she may have actually "served" the community in some small way (the way that the holiday is to be celebrated) as it was clear that her fat-assed husband was not going to do so. She could still worn stilettos while making up lunches for the poor community. Something like that and less so tied to the same medium as her husband.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Make America Sane Again

In the end I do hope that their son (or at least her) son who is only 10 or 11 yo escapes from it all relatively unscathed. I think that she at least tried to shield him from the beginning fiascos but then had to transfer him to DC no matter what he wanted or needed. I suppose that the Obama girls seem to be doing just fine so her is hoping that he does the same.

In the end I do hope that their son (or at least her) son who is only 10 or 11 yo escapes from it all relatively unscathed. I think that she at least tried to shield him from the beginning fiascos but then had to transfer him to DC no matter what he wanted or needed

+1

But I dont feel bad for her, she still has all that MONEY to comfort her and isnt THAT the real prize ?

I think the only thing she wants to LOSE is the TITLE Flotus.... But I dont feel bad for her, she still has all that MONEY to comfort her and isnt THAT the real prize ?

According to Wolfe's book, she never wanted Trump to win. I am defending her because Melania seems to greatly care about her son.

Edited by WilliamM

According to Wolfe's book, she never wanted Trump to win. I am defending her only because Melania seems to greatly care about her son.

As MOST mothers do.... But thats exclusive from her role as First Lady, for which she gets NO pass from me !

Disclosure: I have never met or spoken with her and this is pure conjecture:

She signed up to be a super-model billionaire’s wife (and possibly a mother) and got dragged into Donald’s Shitzkrieg.

She does what he and the WH staff tell her to do - nothing more nothing less.

She did not run for any office, she did not swear any oath as a constitutional officeholder and she did not make a dime of the money that Donald controls which supports he lavish lifestyle. She is stuck in a gilded cage.

it's coming.

Disclosure: I have never met or spoken with her and this is pure conjecture:

She signed up to be a super-model billionaire’s wife (and possibly a mother) and got dragged into Donald’s Shitzkrieg.

She does what he and the WH staff tell her to do - nothing more nothing less.

She did not run for any office, she did not swear any oath as a constitutional officeholder and she did not make a dime of the money that Donald controls which supports he lavish lifestyle. She is stuck in a gilded cage.

You are never Stuck ! Some women wrap plastic garbage bags around their feet for shoes, and dont strut in $1000 stilletos. Whatever menial task she is asked to perform pales in comparison to the benefits she reaps.... She wants to be "stuck".... to my knowledge, there is no laws that say First Lady cant divorce her husband... I dont have to know her or have ever spoken to her to SEE what's going on.

Edited by jjkrkwood

As for Her Husband..... DISRESPECTFUL MUCH ?????

• President Donald Trump did not participate in any community service or volunteer work on Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

• He urged the public on Friday, before leaving for his Florida golf club, to observe the day "with acts of civic work and community service in honor of Dr. King's extraordinary life."

• Trump's decision to refrain from doing community service marks a departure from tradition observed by his recent predecessors.

Before leaving the White House for Florida on Friday, President Donald Trump encouraged the public to observe Monday, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, "with acts of civic work and community service in honor of Dr. King's extraordinary life" and "his great legacy."

But Trump apparently did not partake in any such service on Monday.

Instead, he spent Martin Luther King Jr. Day on the golf course at the swanky Trump International Golf Club in Palm Beach, Florida.

The move is a departure from those of his recent predecessors, all of whom did some form of community service on the day during their presidencies, and sometimes after.

The Shithole in Chief doesnt even have the respect or decency to FAKE IT ! His arrogance and hatred has no bounds ,,,,,,,, Eventhough HE claims to be "the least racist person you will ever see", his actions show us otherwise. Keep showing us WHO you really are Donny. Maybe your minions will finally

"get it" ?

Edited by jjkrkwood

Indeed. She could quite easily whip out Donald’s Amex, log onto Expedia and purchase a plane ticket back to Slovenia... call an Uber to take her to the airport and move back in to mom and dad’s apartment. She could even get a job in the tractor factory.

Easy-peasy

Baron might have a problem after she’s gone but kids are resilient. He’ll be fine with dad, big-sis and bro’s. (shutter)

it's coming.

Indeed. She could quite easily whip out Donald’s Amex, log onto Expedia and purchase a plane ticket back to Slovenia... call an Uber to take her to the airport and move back in to mom and dad’s apartment. She could even get a job in the tractor factory.

Easy-peasy

Baron might have a problem after she’s gone but kids are resilient. He’ll be fine with dad, big-sis and bro’s. (shutter)

I would expect if she went, she would take the kid with her ? Afterall the other siblings will all be in jail !

As for Her Husband..... DISRESPECTFUL MUCH ???? . . . .

The Shithole in Chief doesnt even have the respect or decency to FAKE IT ! His arrogance and hatred has no bounds ,,,,,,,, Eventhough HE claims to be "the least racist person you will ever see", his actions show us otherwise. Keep showing us WHO you really are Donny. Maybe your minions will finally

"get it" ?

For instance, he could have at least thrown out rolls of paper towels to the residents of Palm Beach.

For instance, he could have at least thrown out rolls of paper towels to the residents of Palm Beach.

Yes, but those would have had the "Trump Logo" on them ! It's always about self promotion...

One wonders if his actions would have been different if we were honoring a WHITE leader ?

Nah, I dont wonder, I KNOW the answer....

It's always about self promotion...

As David Cay Johnston, who has followed Trump's life and career for 30 years, said on Morning Joe today: Trump doesn't give a damn about Dreamers, about immigration, about the border wall, about even his kids. Donald Trump cares ONLY about one thing in life: Donald Trump. Always has, always will.

"Donald has spent his whole life thumbing his nose at the law…. He spent years deeply entangled with an international drug trafficker and there's no explanation for why he would do what he did although everything he did makes sense if he was in business with this drug trafficker. Donald has beaten four grand juries, he's had two civil trials for tax fraud, both of which he lost. He's confessed to being a sales tax cheat. He's been found by a judge to have engaged in a conspiracy to cheat workers out of their pay. The man has spent his entire life being a con artist and he runs the White House the same way and he doesn't know anything." -- David Cay Johnston, Morning Joe, January 16, 2018

Johnston's new book "It's Even Worse Than You Think" describes the situation perfectly.