Something Rotten

OneFinger
This topic is 2292 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Saw the touring show last night in Salt Lake City and I was blown away!! What a fantastic play.

I suspect it was on Broadway the same time as Hamilton and was in the shadows. But, it is one of the best plays that I've seen. The music is great and I loved the numerous references to musicals that I've seen through the years.

Many of the actors in the touring show were on Broadway. I couldn't believe I was seeing this show in Salt Lake City and not on Broadway. You really don't want to miss this play if it comes to your town. I'm already searching to see if it comes to San Diego so I can see it again.

And, lot of great eye candy in the cast.

Definitely one of the funniest I’ve ever seen. And you’re right about the multitude of references scattered throughout the show, as well as in the key “Musical” dance sequence which is amazing in itself. You really have to be up on a lot of general knowledge or some of the references get by you. The ending “eggs act” (don’t want to give too much away) is freaking hilarious and I was in tears.

I saw it on broadway and thought it was mildly amusing, funny....and occasionally brilliant.

But in the long run there were WAY too many insular broadway gags for my taste.

I mean I enjoy broadway....but over 2 hours of a running inside jokes....gets old no matter what the topic.

And even as a broadway fan....1/2 the jokes went over my head.

It was like an epic Forbidden Broadway...on a much bigger...and less funny scale.

Saw the touring show last night in Salt Lake City and I was blown away!! What a fantastic play.

I suspect it was on Broadway the same time as Hamilton and was in the shadows. But, it is one of the best plays that I've seen. The music is great and I loved the numerous references to musicals that I've seen through the years.

Many of the actors in the touring show were on Broadway. I couldn't believe I was seeing this show in Salt Lake City and not on Broadway. You really don't want to miss this play if it comes to your town. I'm already searching to see if it comes to San Diego so I can see it again.

And, lot of great eye candy in the cast.

A coworker was excited to share how good it was. He saw the touring show at The Ahmanson.