Visa denial prevented Navy vet's mom from attending her son's funeral

marylander1940

This topic is 1381 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This is so stupid. I am ageing myself, but I remember the days when a visa was granted by an immigration officer upon entry, a few pointed questions and looking you in the eye. I miss those days...

It's a different world but we also have computers now... the heartless SOB who denied that woman the visa to her son's funeral should have been able to verify the story and allow her to come.

Liberal, born and raised in Maryland, proud member of pink pistols!

Ignore list: WilliamM

I don't understand how this could not have been kicked up the food-chain for consideration for a special approval.

No doubt but some folks don't think outside the box, they just follow the rules.

Remember Elián González? Another idiot/s follow the immigration rules too...

Liberal, born and raised in Maryland, proud member of pink pistols!

Ignore list: WilliamM

I'll quote that great philosopher, Alan Shore: "Last night I went to bed with a book. Not as much fun as a 29 year old...but the book contained a speech by Adlai Stevenson, the year was 1952 and he said: 'The tragedy of our day is the climate of fear in which we live; and fear breed repression. Too often, sinister threats to the bill of rights, to freedom of the mind is concealed under the patriotic cloak of anti-communism.' Today it is the cloak of anti-terrorism."