Should a politician be forced to choose between his career and his racist trophy GF ?

marylander1940

This topic is 1382 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Should a politician be forced to choose between his career and his trophy GF after her racist comments?

I thought about bringing back the thread about Megan joining the royal family but this is very different and I don't think a politician should be held accountable for what his trophy girlfriend (please let's be honest...) says about a would-be-member of the Royals.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5336141/ukip-leader-henry-bolton-model-lover-jo-marney-meghan-markle-texts/

He's pretty much being forced to dump her... even after she apologized.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/01/14/girlfriend-ukip-leader-suspended-racist-meghan-markle-remarks/

More on him:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Bolton_(British_politician)

Liberal, born and raised in Maryland, proud member of pink pistols!

Ignore list: WilliamM

Lawd-this chick needs a whippin! I am confident that I speak for the boss on this: there is no place for such vile racist language in the political arena or anywhere else.

Unless the subject are people of color ? Trump probably doesnt see Meghan as a "black woman", by choice... she's more palatable to HIM if she is WHITE....

Unless the subject are people of color ? Trump probably doesnt see Meghan as a "black woman", by choice... she's more palatable to HIM if she is WHITE....

You sayin "race" is a matter of social construction?

“Who you gonna believe, me or your own eyes?”

-The Marx Brothers

Lawd-this chick needs a whippin! I am confident that I speak for the boss on this: there is no place for such vile racist language in the political arena or anywhere else.

Besides if you think that way... just don't tweet it or post it on Facebook... keep it to yourself and hopefully one day she'll have a friend who is a psychologist and can help her.

Am I wrong in my impression that these opinions are par for the course for UKIP?

Exactly, the leader of the UKIP being forced to dump her would be nothing but a symbol. I'm sure "dead woman walking" (Theresa May) is following this very close, without the UKIP she wouldn't be in office.

Am I wrong in my impression that these opinions are par for the course for UKIP?

They are pretty standard, although he is far less hard-line on the issue. What is amazing is that the party has issued him this ultimatum.

(Theresa May) is following this very close, without the UKIP she wouldn't be in office.

Probably not, UKIP has no seats in Parliament and its vote fell at the election last year. Mrs May relies on the DUP for its majority in the Commons.

Probably not, UKIP has no seats in Parliament and its vote fell at the election last year. Mrs May relies on the DUP for its majority in the Commons.

"UKIP" "DUP" "BREXIT" Them Brits is a nation of acronyms!

“Who you gonna believe, me or your own eyes?”

-The Marx Brothers

They are pretty standard, although he is far less hard-line on the issue. What is amazing is that the party has issued him this ultimatum.

Got it, I confused his party. I'm no anglophile and I don't follow them as much as you do.

"UKIP" "DUP" "BREXIT" Them Brits is a nation of acronyms!

I'm glad your boss is so knowledgeable he has no need to be informed before a meeting. Norway, Normay...?

@mike carey, yes. Someone from Australia would likely know more than an American.

It's not hard to be more knowledgeable about American politics than the average American. :( Specially now that as Obama said: "we don't even have the same base of facts" and there's no Walter Cronkite.