NYC New Years Eve part 2 - the Eagle

Boy4
This topic is 2294 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

So... not sure if this is the place for this post... but I went to the Eagle on jockstrap night for the first time.

Never thought I would have seen that amount of "socializing" during my trip. I did not partake as everything was out in the open(i'm not that adventurous yet)... save for the guys who chose to get a bathroom stall.

It's a peculiar set up cause there are signs all around that say "No "Socializing""... and every now and then a bouncing would come around to stop anyone socializing...

Does anyone have any stories from there?

So... not sure if this is the place for this post... but I went to the Eagle on jockstrap night for the first time.

Never thought I would have seen that amount of "socializing" during my trip. I did not partake as everything was out in the open(i'm not that adventurous yet)... save for the guys who chose to get a bathroom stall.

It's a peculiar set up cause there are signs all around that say "No "Socializing""... and every now and then a bouncing would come around to stop anyone socializing...

Does anyone have any stories from there?

The Eagle ain't exactly a strip club, but It will be up to the moderators to determine if this is the right place for this thread. In any event, for what it is worth the first time that I went there I was told that the only "safe" bathroom was the one on the first floor near the main entrance. At any rate, I hope that the hot bartender with the wide leather buckled armband who usually works the second floor bar is still employed there.

I had no idea the Eagle was still in business. I went to the opening night party back in the 1970s, when it wasn't called "socializing." Or maybe it is not the same place as the old Eagle.

Here is the history of the place: http://eagle-ny.com/ourstory/

However, I am sure that the esteemed Charlie would be able to add to the history.

The Eagle ain't exactly a strip club, but It will be up to the moderators to determine if this is the right place for this thread. In any event, for what it is worth the first time that I went there I was told that the only "safe" bathroom was the one on the first floor near the main entrance. At any rate, I hope that the hot bartender with the wide leather buckled armband who usually works the second floor bar is still employed there.

Here is the history of the place: http://eagle-ny.com/ourstory/

However, I am sure that the esteemed Charlie would be able to add to the history.

Yes, that is the old Eagle on W.11th St where I was invited to the opening night party in 1970, because I was a friend of one of the bartenders. I spent many interesting nights there. By the time the gentrification of the West Village drove it to move to W. 28th St, I had left NYC and the bar scene.

Yes, that is the old Eagle on W.11th St where I was invited to the opening night party in 1970, because I was a friend of one of the bartenders. I spent many interesting nights there. By the time the gentrification of the West Village drove it to move to W. 28th St, I had left NYC and the bar scene.

I have a feeling that the gentrification of West 28th Street will eventually drive the Eagle to a different location. There is what appears to be an upscale condo complex across the street. Also, a couple of years ago it was comical to see folks checking out apartments/condos on W. 27th Street just one block away during the Folsom East Street Fair.

At the time that the old Eagle opened on W. 11th, I was living only a couple of blocks east of the location of the current Eagle; in those days, even a leather bar wouldn't have located that far west on 28th St., because it was a no man's land. I used to park my car on 28th between 9th and 10th, because there were no nighttime parking regulations, and no one lived there.

At the time that the old Eagle opened on W. 11th, I was living only a couple of blocks east of the location of the current Eagle; in those days, even a leather bar wouldn't have located that far west on 28th St., because it was a no man's land. I used to park my car on 28th between 9th and 10th, because there were no nighttime parking regulations, and no one lived there.

Well the neighborhood is evolving. They moved Folsom East to W 27th Street due to the congestion from the building of that multi story condo on 28th opposite the Eagke and then when it was completed probably due to its presence. Given that the Eagle has a roof top bar that can get very busy (as in on a good night guys are packed in like sardines) I can just imagine a kid asking mommy, "Why are there all those men wearing leather on the roof?" Of course there is a hetero strip club SCORES on the same block. At times the women are seen out in front so all the slut filled bases are covered.

Edited by whipped guy