Did your relatives come from a "SHITHOLE" country? Mine did: Ireland.

marylander1940
This topic is 806 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm sure Italy, Russia, Poland, etc. qualified as that during most of the XIX and first half of the XX century. Was Germany a shitty place during the 30's and 40's?

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/368576-trump-rips-protections-for-immigrants-from-shithole-countries-in

Liberal, born and raised in Maryland, proud member of pink pistols!

Ignore list: WilliamM

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can’t wait for Awwshuck to spin this one.....SAD

specially coming from Arkansas... part of the Meth/Bible belt of the nation, but that's ok because they're poor because Obama's recovery wasn't good enough. LOL

I'll mention him in behalf of you @Awwshuck

Shit hole countries?

According to a Time magazine article, one billion people have no access to toilets and have no choice but to poop in public. This is a real problem that affects impoverished areas, such as in sub-Saharan Africa where as many as 39 million people are without a toilet. It has led to unsanitary conditions and the spread of disease.

Many countries around the world, such as Thailand, get by without using any toilet paper. Instead, they use what is comically called a bum gun. The bum gun is a hose that hangs beside the toilet. After pooping, people use the hose to clean off their bottom. Now, you might be wondering how they dry off afterwards. Apparently, they don’t. Instead, people that use a bum gun are quite efficient at cleaning with the hose without getting themselves all wet.

In ancient Rome, the public bathrooms were a bit more public than most of us are used to. People would sit on stone slab toilets set up, one next to each other, and go to the bathroom. When they finished their business, they grabbed a wet sponge tied to a stick and wiped their bums with that. It was the same sponge stick used by all, and helped to spread bodily parasites from one person to the next.

Oh shit!

Many countries around the world, such as Thailand, get by without using any toilet paper. Instead, they use what is comically called a bum gun. The bum gun is a hose that hangs beside the toilet. After pooping, people use the hose to clean off their bottom. Now, you might be wondering how they dry off afterwards. Apparently, they don’t. Instead, people that use a bum gun are quite efficient at cleaning with the hose without getting themselves all wet.

I much prefer water to toilet paper. Not that I'd want to use a hose specifically, but a built in bidet is always welcome.

I'm sure Italy, Russia, Poland, etc. qualified as that during most of the XIX and first half of the XX century. Was Germany a shitty place during the 30's and 40's?

This country has a long, inglorious history of denigrating immigrants. Following a wave of Irish immigrants, signs saying "IRISH NEED NOT APPLY" were often next to "HELP WANTED" signs. And the same for Italians, and Germans, and Poles at various times.

Some of us find it distasteful to the max. Others want to return to those days.

I declare myself to be a proud honorary citizen of every shithole nation on this planet and would renounce any and allegiance to Trump Nation in the process.

You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows....

Che Guevara: "If you tremble with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine."

What were England and France as colonial powers doing in Africa all those years that allowed the continent to be in such poverty?

Taking much of the wealth, setting up borders that ignored the distribution of indigenous populations, etc. Not that Britain and France were the only colonists active in Africa of course.

I think the real point of this is not that he said it - it's hardly out of character, much less shocking - but rather that it resonates with a good number of Americans.

These are the people to whom the "America first, fuck everybody else" Trump mantra rings true. There's allot of people out there who are nodding their heads to his comment.

The difference is that they used to nod silently, ashamed to express a view so contrary to our core principles.

Trump has made it OK to nod publicly and loudly (torch and brown shirt optional).

(By the way: Happy MLK Weekend)

104476603-GettyImages-577290132.530x298.jpg?v=1495055041

it's coming.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/368576-trump-rips-protections-for-immigrants-from-shithole-countries-in

I can’t wait for Awwshuck to spin this one.....SAD

Once again, the president's remarks are taken out of context by liberals lookin for a story. First of all, the conversation in question concerned the plight of the North Korean people under Kim Jong Un. Here are the president's words: "He's (Kim Jong un) made that place a prison.Those poor people live in a shithole"

Secondly, the folks who leaked this erroneous account of the president's words sleep with the fishes

“Who you gonna believe, me or your own eyes?”

-The Marx Brothers

Once again, the president's remarks are taken out of context by liberals lookin for a story. First of all, the conversation in question concerned the plight of the North Korean people under Kim Jong Un. Here are the president's words: "He's (Kim Jong un) made that place a prison.Those poor people live in a shithole"

Secondly, the folks who leaked this erroneous account of the president's words sleep with the fishes

The Pres. wants more people from Norway!!!! As part of this initiative we will trade you for two 25 year old men from Norway. They will do the press briefings shirtless and flexing. Enjoy your time in Norway, if they will accept you. You really don't look WASPy enough for them. You may be traded to Russia. Enjoy your time in Siberia. Dress warm!!!!

JANUARY 06, 2021 THE MOST VIOLENT DAY IN THE HISTORY OF THE US CAPITOL BUILDING, WASHINGTON DC.

The Pres. wants more people from Norway!!!! As part of this initiative we will trade you for two 25 year old men from Norway. They will do the press briefings shirtless and flexing. Enjoy your time in Norway, if they will accept you. You really don't look WASPy enough for them. You may be traded to Russia. Enjoy your time in Siberia. Dress warm!!!!

o_O:confused:o_O

-The Marx Brothers

Mine definitely did. In the late 19th century Italians (and particular southern Italians) were despised across the United States. At one point a quota was placed on Italians being allowed into the country and thus many Italian immigrant ended up in Canada and Argentina. I have cousins who live in Buenos Aires which is not a bad place to live. The population of Italians in Buenos Aires is high and living in Buenos Aires has a very continental (European) air to it. As far as America, at the very end of the 19th century hatred of southern Italians was particularly high. To further discriminate against southern Italians (who were considered to be mixed with African blood) when immigrants arrived in New York it was noted on their naturalization papers whether they were from the "north" or from the "south". Those from the north were given preferential treatment. Southern Italians were so despised that the greatest mass lynching ever committed in the U.S. was committed against Sicilians living in New Orleans in 1891.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Make America Sane Again

The Pres. wants more people from Norway!!!!
Yes he apparently really said we need more immigrants from countries like Norway. Little does he know, very few Norwegians would have any interest in emigrating to the US. Life is pretty good in Norway as far as they are concerned. The Moron in Chief is so clueless.

Mine definitely did. In the late 19th century Italians (and particular southern Italians) were despised across the United States. At one point a quota was placed on Italians being allowed into the country and thus many Italian immigrant ended up in Canada and Argentina. I have cousins who live in Buenos Aires which is not a bad place to live. The population of Italians in Buenos Aires is high and living in Buenos Aires has a very continental (European) air to it. As far as America, at the very end of the 19th century hatred of southern Italians was particularly high. To further discriminate against southern Italians (who were considered to be mixed with African blood) when immigrants arrived in New York it was noted on their naturalization papers whether they were from the "north" or from the "south". Those from the north were given preferential treatment. Southern Italians were so despised that the greatest mass lynching ever committed in the U.S. was committed against Sicilians living in New Orleans in 1891.

I assume you know this, but my "like" expresses my appreciation of your post putting things into historical context, not my approval of the discrimination against non WASPS and lynching

Edited by Awwshuck

-The Marx Brothers

By the standard you set in your post Trump's mother comes from a shithole country too. When she was a child indoor plumbing and electricity would have been rather unusual on the Isle of Lewis. It's quite likely she grew up with neither.

but that's ok because they're poor because Obama's recovery wasn't good enough. LOL

Laughin at poor folks who take a lil meth every now and then aint gonna win you liberals votes in places like Arkansas. If this is a strategy, please go on with it. Ahm startin ta feel real good bout them midterms.

-The Marx Brothers

By the standard you set in your post Trump's mother comes from a shithole country too. When she was a child indoor plumbing and electricity would have been rather unusual on the Isle of Lewis. It's quite likely she grew up with neither.

London had shantytowns in the Victorian era. Such a shithole was the heart of the British Empire...

http://www.victorianweb.org/history/slums.html

Did he ever read Oliver Twist? Of course not he can't read because of his ADHD among other things...

OliverTwist_09022016.jpg

http://historythings.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Oliver-Twist-2005-1920x1080.jpg

Sara, is that you girl?