Steve Bannon explained!

marylander1940

This topic is 1281 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the main point of the trump administration: the longer you let people who do things that they have no idea of how to do, the bigger the clusterfuck. Bannon had the most to do with the most to learn and he was starting from a very low starting point. Not a surprise that he self destructed and not a surprise that he will not be the last trump lackey to do so.

I have never seen a purplekow :)

I hope I never see one ;)

But I can tell you this and how I would rather see than be one :D

Help there is a purplekow in my mirror :eek:

Washington Post

Newt speaks about Steve Bannon from the Vatican (of all places):

Former House speaker Newt Gingrich, in a phone call from Rome, where his wife, Callista Gingrich, serves as U.S. ambassador to the Holy See, was withering in his assessment, casting Bannon as a minor player, not a grand strategist.

“The groundskeeper at the country club didn’t do a good job, so the president got a new groundskeeper,” Gingrich said, describing Bannon’s exit from the White House. When asked if he was calling Bannon a groundskeeper — those who tend to the greens and fairways at golf courses — Gingrich said, “Yes.”

“If you decide that you’re so important that you can take on the president’s daughter, son-in-law, and two sons, and you lose, it has a lot of consequences,” Gingrich said.

Washington Post

Newt speaks about Steve Bannon from the Vatican (of all places):

http://www.elspectrumhoy.es/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/woodward-and-bernstein.jpg

Do I smell a story here? . . No. Sorry, it's me. I've had gas all morning.

'If anyone objects to any statement I make, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever made it.' - Tom Lehrer

Now if someone could get Sebastian Gorka and Stephen Miller to self-destruct as dramatically as Bannon.

I'm not sure if you mean full-on self-destruction (which would be dandy), but you know Gorka's been out of the White House since last August, right? (That revolving door spins pretty fast, so I mention this just in case you missed his bye-bye moment.)

Apparently Chief of Staff John Kelly could never figure out what Gorka was supposed to be doing, which led him to the conclusion that Gorka might as well be doing whatever it was elsewhere.

As to Miller, he has claimed his weekend performance with Tapper was a success. Or maybe he only thinks that because Trump tweeted that it was? Or maybe they're both indulging their taste for Fake News? Hard to say. But I'd bet his job security is pretty good considering the current White House ajita about a mass exodus after Year One, and how hard it will be to find anybody else who wants to work in Hell ... article about this on the CNN site today ...

www.cnn.com/2018/01/09/politics/president-donald-trump-staffing/index.html

I'm not sure if you mean full-on self-destruction (which would be dandy), but you know Gorka's been out of the White House since last August, right? (That revolving door spins pretty fast, so I mention this just in case you missed his bye-bye moment.)

Apparently Chief of Staff John Kelly could never figure out what Gorka was supposed to be doing, which led him to the conclusion that Gorka might as well be doing whatever it was elsewhere.

As to Miller, he has claimed his weekend performance with Tapper was a success. Or maybe he only thinks that because Trump tweeted that it was? Or maybe they're both indulging their taste for Fake News? Hard to say. But I'd bet his job security is pretty good considering the current White House ajita about a mass exodus after Year One, and how hard it will be to find anybody else who wants to work in Hell ... article about this on the CNN site today ...

www.cnn.com/2018/01/09/politics/president-donald-trump-staffing/index.html

There are always people that will take those jobs at the WH. At the very least it will result in 15 minutes of fame and a potential book deal.

According to The Daily Beast ...

Three sources with knowledge of Bannon’s plans say he intends to launch a new “dark money” nonprofit group in the coming weeks. The organization would be distinct from Bannon’s prior political endeavors, which included documentary films, political data-mining efforts, and more niche political and policy outfits. Unlike virtually all of those efforts, it would not receive funding from his estranged financial backers, Robert and Rebekah Mercer. The new organization would focus on Bannon’s longtime pet issues: U.S. policy toward China and the Gulf region, immigration, and foreign trade.

The group, if it launches, would offer an avenue for Bannon to remain involved in national politics ... [and] could also help him draw a salary after losing a hefty one. According to the personal financial disclosure statement he filed upon joining the White House last year, Bannon was paid more than $544,000 in 2016 by Breitbart and Mercer-funded entities Cambridge Analytica, Glittering Steel, and the Government Accountability Institute.

But not everyone is convinced Bannon can pull that off ...

“There is no next step for him,” said former Breitbart staffer Ben Shapiro. “He lost his money, he lost his political power, and he just lost his only media outlet. His next step is to be a commentator on MSNBC talking about how crazy Trump is, presumably. That way, he can get strange new respect.”

According to The Daily Beast ...

“There is no next step for him,” said former Breitbart staffer Ben Shapiro. “He lost his money, he lost his political power, and he just lost his only media outlet. His next step is to be a commentator on MSNBC talking about how crazy Trump is, presumably. That way, he can get strange new respect.”

In context, "lost his money" means his financial backers' money. Bannon is still worth over $20 million with half of that in rental properties. I don't feel as sorry for him since he's got enough to retire and live a happy life. I mean he is 64 years old.

“The most progressive thing about Joe Biden is his dementia” - Braeden Sorbo

...he's got enough to retire and live a happy life.

Enough money to sustain him from here until death (and for a man who looks like walking heart disease, how long can be?), but happy? I wonder if there's any capacity for that? He looked miserable even when he had friends and a powerful position. Now ... ?

Garbage is always recycled, so I am sure he'll be back Somewhere doing Something ?

Just looked this up ... according to the EPA, 75% of the American waste stream is recyclable, but we only recycle about 30% of it. Bannon? More likely he'll end up in some landfill, his toxins seeping in to your tap water.

• 3 months later...
In context, "lost his money" means his financial backers' money. Bannon is still worth over $20 million with half of that in rental properties. I don't feel as sorry for him since he's got enough to retire and live a happy life. I mean he is 64 years old.

Hatred is always a good product to sell I guess.

Liberal, born and raised in Maryland, proud member of pink pistols!

Ignore list: WilliamM