Burning Man Naughtiness

friendofsheila
This topic is 6746 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A cute story from Dan Renzi's Typepad blog. I've never been to Burning Man but it's tempting knowing that wild stuff like this happens.

I know many people who go to Burning Man [http://www.burningman.com/whatisburningman/], and I always enjoy the stories of [del]drug-induced shenanigans[/del] eccentric behavior. For those of you who don't know what Burning Man is, just go to the website and read about it. It's too complicated for me to explain in its entirety. The one thing I will tell you: tens of thousands of people go, and they set up these mini-cities known as "camps," each with different themes and different oddities going on. You walk around, take it all in, and make friends with whomever you stumble upon. Some people find it exhilarating, some people find it the pinnacle of Social Anxiety Disorder torture. Undeniable, however, is the fact that it's totally crazy. This story is from an attendee of this year's event:

"So, a funny story you will enjoy. Head out from my camp on Monday night to dance with the boys at Burning Man. I end up hoofing it across the playa to a club called "Camp Berserk," where I heard some of the best DJs I've heard in awhile. So, I sit down for a bit and start talking to this cute boy named _____. I tell him my life story (I was high) and he responds: "Well, I'm straight but I was wondering (short pause…I knew what was coming)….if I can make out with you?" "Of course!" I said.

So after about 3 minutes of tongue wagging, he pulls away and asks: "Did you eat peanuts today?" I had, and I told him so as I look at his lips swelling and face turning red. "I need my medicine..get my campmate!" So, after he points him out, I grab him and tell him what has happened. "You were kissing? But he likes girls!" I told him "This is Burning Man - don't worry…we just need to get him his medication."

So, we got it handled and he lived.

Guest JohnPela

>A cute story from Dan Renzi's Typepad blog. I've never been

>to Burning Man but it's tempting knowing that wild stuff like

>this happens.

Thanks for posting this. Very interesting site reading FAQ about Burning Man Event. I've heard about it and maybe in next year or two I may go to it and participate.

Archived