Jake Gyllenhaal

foxy
This topic is 6722 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Sorry to re-enter the fray after such a long absence with a slightly negative remark, but Jake has apparently moved into the same I'm-Really-Straight Room that all the other good-looking young actors who play gay characters seem to live in. While BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN was in production, he and Heath Ledger gave interviews whose major purpose was to assert in no uncertain terms their straightness: how "weird" it was to kiss a guy, for example. What's more, both of them -- apparently -- were so freaked out by the "love" scenes that Ang Lee, the director, had to hire body doubles. So much for heart-throbs, more's the pity.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>Sorry to re-enter the fray after such a long absence with a

>slightly negative remark, but Jake has apparently moved into

>the same I'm-Really-Straight Room that all the other

>good-looking young actors who play gay characters seem to live

>in. While BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN was in production, he and Heath

>Ledger gave interviews whose major purpose was to assert in no

>uncertain terms their straightness: how "weird" it was to kiss

>a guy, for example. What's more, both of them -- apparently

>-- were so freaked out by the "love" scenes that Ang Lee, the

>director, had to hire body doubles. So much for heart-throbs,

>more's the pity.

WB, Will. I know what you mean. I have a crush on Jake myself, but it is getting old when you hear that same old refrain about the straight actors playing gay. Still, I'm looking forward to BM. I've had a couple of chances to catch screenings, but will wait until it opens to go with a group of friends instead.

Even so, I think Jake is one sexy Jewboy.

Dan Dare

http://www.geocities.com/dandare_laca/DanDare4Hire.html

Totally irrelevant to the topic, but kinda interesting :

I went to high school with Erik Palladino currently starring in "Over There" He has a kinda Yonkers/NYC accent and was a really nice guy in high school. He also played Dr. Mallucci on ER for a season

yes I saw him in the locker room and weight room...no I didnt look at his penis...yes he was cute...no he's straight...

Other famous people who went to my high school :

alan alda (also went to my alma mater Fordham U)

Capt Lou ALbano (of wrestling fame)

Denzel Wasington (not from my hs but from my uni)

ahhhh the enoie (sp?) of saturday morning

Just back from seeing Jarhead after reading comments on this thread. Wow! Another movie where the critics went all critical because they didn't consider it "perfect." It's so tiresome, especially if it keeps people from seeing an interesting flick. Although there were weaknesses in the script, overall it did a good job of holding interest, and there were so many cute, hot men in this one.... Jake was really terrific, but so was Sarsgaard... in fact, just about everybody. Chris Cooper as the colonel wasn't bad either, for an "old fart" (that's said tongue in cheek, guys. I'm older than Chris...)

Anyway, I endorse seeing this while it's still in theaters. Some of those spectacular desert shots need to be seen on the big screen. And Jake's muscles don't look too bad either...:D

Guest zipperzone

>Anyway, I endorse seeing this while it's still in theaters.

>Some of those spectacular desert shots need to be seen on the

>big screen. And Jake's muscles don't look too bad either...:D

Nor did his ass (if it really was his and not a body double). The real short scene where he was fucking his girlfriend near the front of the movie, showed a 10+ ass, but that probably wasn't his.

The idea of an actor who is an "ass double" always amuses me. Wouldn't you love to be a casting director?

I had a woman friend who used to work for a company that made men's underwear. Part of her job was to sit with the designers to see how the underwear looked on the models. She used to make all her gay friends jealous. Can you imagine getting paid to stare at butts and bulges every day? Some people have all the luck.

Foxy. True, It Must be a Fun Job!

Apparently Catalogs like "Undergear" are not that concerned anymore, about No Outlines in the crotch area either! At least that's the case in their "Latest" Catalog..Very Nice Indeed!

BUT.. Except maybe not as much Fun, as in the case of the Seinfeld Episode when they had to Rate Kramer in his XL Tightey Whitey's! LOL :+

Guest zipperzone

>I had a woman friend who used to work for a company that made

>men's underwear. Part of her job was to sit with the designers

>to see how the underwear looked on the models. She used to

>make all her gay friends jealous. Can you imagine getting paid

>to stare at butts and bulges every day? Some people have all

>the luck.

The company could really save money if they hired me - I'd do the job for free. Hell, I might even PAY THEM!

Archived